4 Replies - 9417 Views - Last Post: 22 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Page Alignment

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:16 AM

I am trying to center align this page but cannot do it. I have tried to wrap the whole body with in one wrapper div and setting its margin to auto, but a wrapper div does not surround all divs somehow. I must have messed up with div positioning. If anyone can tell me how to center the page. Here is the url
http://tinyurl.com/35wrfsb
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Page Alignment

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Page Alignment

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:10 AM

Your slices are messed up, you have a lot of wasted/undeeded space on both the left and right hand side, not only this but your Imageready auto web page generator is using very poor code.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:48 AM

I know the divs are messed up, but still is there a way i can make this page center aligned?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:04 AM

You can remove the positioning from the body and then add this wrapping div to the page (just after and just before the body tags).

<div style="position: absolute; width: 1200px; margin-left: 50%; left: -600px;">

I would really really really think about re-writing this site though, its only going to be buggy and hacked to bits by the time you have finished. Best to start as you mean to go on rather than having to re-work an entire site x months from now with all the additional content etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

Thanks a lot, it worked! This is my first experience of making a CSS based web layout. I will try to rewrite the code, since the divs are all messed up and i am getting a very long style sheet and too many divs. Give me an advice on how to improve this css code or rewrite it in a better way.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1