2 Replies - 618 Views - Last Post: 25 October 2010 - 03:41 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

suggests for undergraduate work on my chosen topic

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:34 AM

Hello all. i hope the student campus forum is the right place to ask this question.
anyway idea for my undergraduate work is to analyze and develop an application which lets user enter on my website text into forms and then design it (font, colors, size etc) and after that he gets an html code and can paste it to his website.
for example it could be useful for eating places where they could post daily specials on their websites without programming a new funtcionality for their CMS software but only copy-pasting gotten html code from my website into their website header/footer or whereever.
my question is what keywords should i google for ? I have checked for "embedding into website", google spreadsheets, facebook/twitter API. actually i don't even know the keywords which best fit to my area of topic...
how could the user get his entered text neatly into his website, the code my website generates for him? if it is done on database layer, then the code needs to have the database connection line, fetch array line and so on? what about using web-service?
any suggestions, links or examples from real life would be appreciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: suggests for undergraduate work on my chosen topic

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: suggests for undergraduate work on my chosen topic

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:08 AM

Hello skyzer, I don't want to sound mean or anything, but this topic was approved as a topic? The reason I ask is because usually this type of thing is not considered to be complex enough or involve enough research to be seen as a thesis level type of project. Could just be me, I would make sure they approve it before you pour time into it.

But anyways... the keywords you want to focus on is "HTML code generating". You will see there are a ton of these types of software out there from HTML generators like Dreamweaver to ones with special purposes like generating code for MySpace or Facebook etc. They are never as successful as you would first think because users often want a fine tuning ability that generators just can't give them or the code generated is often filled with garbage code/formatting tags that are hard to debug later or slow pages down. But for basic things, they work ok I guess.

Type those code words into Google and you will see a slew of example generators and tweaking the keywords a little will help you find articles about how to build such projects.

Good luck! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: suggests for undergraduate work on my chosen topic

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:41 AM

Hi. Sorry for not replying 2 days ago, somehow i didn't get any e-mail that i got a reply in my topic.
My lecturer told me that it's okay topic to look at.
When i looked the search results for html code generating, i have found that only static content is generated from tables on forms in the examples.
But what i wanted is a dynamic content, it means that the eating place copies only once a code to their website and then they are going to my webpage admin panel and change their daily special, and after that the new daily special is on their website. Without copy-pasting the code again.
I see that facebook has similar thing
http://developers.fa...docs/guides/web
but what is standing behind that?
how could it be done in a proper way?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1