Java Open Source Projects

How To Begin/Get Involved

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 4007 Views - Last Post: 08 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Java Open Source Projects

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:42 AM

I recently graduated with my B.S. in Software Development in August. My last programming classes were in May, and because my school required a series of non-programming classes over the summer to graduate I had no time to keep up with my programming skills.

The language I have the most experience with is Java, and I am trying to find an entry-level Java position in the Seattle area, but when I get asked even the most entry level questions I feel like I cannot answer them.

I know if you don't use it you lose it, so I want to become involved in an open source project that involves Java, but I've never done anything like this before, and do not know how to get involved.

Can anyone recommend projects that may be in need of someone with entry level/academic experience. I am willing to work on anything.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Java Open Source Projects

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Java Open Source Projects

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:46 AM

I think I'll move this to the Corner Cubicle for further discussion. :)

Perhaps you may find some Open Source Projects on Google's Open Source site, as well as Sourceforge.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Java Open Source Projects

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

I'll echo macosxnerd101 and mention Sourceforge. There's a project Help Wanted board where people list projects requesting development help. If you can't find a suitable project, consider starting your own.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1