5 Replies - 824 Views - Last Post: 08 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

HydroCode Design

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:17 AM

Well I have the latest version of the site HydroCode Design.

We have changed the logo, the content width. To make it look a lot simpler and modern.

Though note that the portfolio is blank because I'm getting all of the screen shots in, and getting all of the videos ready.
Please leave a comment, or suggestions.
Hope you like it!

Cheers,
Daniel

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: HydroCode Design

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: HydroCode Design

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

I think the colour of your logo doesn't go with the current colour scheme. I know it's an unfinished site but maybe you could spruce things up on your pages with images as it looks a bit bland at the moment.

I also think there is too much whitespace in your content and everything looks to spaced out. This could be improved by making the site a little less wider and more compact (but still use some whitespace so nothing gets cramped).

I would recommend you put a proper DOCTYPE in your webpages too.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:32 AM

I would recommend you put a proper DOCTYPE in your webpages too.

I do have a proper DOCTYPE. The html5 doctype is great to use. If a web browser doesn't understand it it will fall back to the 4.1 DOCTYPE.

I think the colour of your logo doesn't go with the current colour scheme. I know it's an unfinished site but maybe you could spruce things up on your pages with images as it looks a bit bland at the moment.

We can tone down the orange a bit, but the colors are orange and blue. When we add some more images to the site, and compact the content, it will fit into place.

As for the compact I see where you're coming from. But we cannot make the width smaller because it fits the width of the logo. Other wise it would look weird. But instead i'm going to take of some padding, and compact the text. It does look too spaced out.

Thanks for the reply / suggestions.

Cheers,
Daniel

This post has been edited by Dannyboy997: 05 November 2010 - 08:32 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

I think the choppy background image is bad, maybe center the youtube video in the about us page, also the whole page doesn't look aligned.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

I think even with added colors the logo would seem out of place. It's not just the fact that the colors contrast but that you have a logo with very strong colors over a very pale background. Separately the background and logo both look very nice. The only other thing I could say negative is that the diving bars in the bottom navigation area are too dark. Maybe try white, or transparent black?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

Thanks for the responses.

As for the logo and background. Should I add a background to the logo that separates them both, or add some sort of wall between the two.

The video on the about us page does need to be aligned center, thanks.

For the dividing bars, they are too dark as I re-look at them. I'll try either a shade of grey or white(But the text is white, It wouldn't seem like too much of a separator.). I think i'll try a transparent black.

I wouldn't say the background is choppy, it's just a pattern. With some color corrections.

As I look at the page I see the alignment issue(Even just a bit).

Thanks.

Cheers,
Daniel
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1