3 Replies - 1715 Views - Last Post: 05 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Recording a podcast today - ask your questions

Post icon  Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:06 PM

Time for another podcast, and today we'll be answering more questions! There are a couple from the previous time and those will also be answered today.

The questions can be Dream.In.Code-related (e.g. updates, questions regarding user submissions etc.) or related to specific activities being managed/monitored by Dream.In.Code members (e.g. Microsoft PDC). You can also ask questions related to some development trends/topics (priority will be given to Microsoft dev-related questions since that is my area of expertise).

There are 8 hours before the recording, so I would like to encourage you to ask your questions now if you want them included in today's podcast.

The podcast will be published today around 1:00AM CST.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Recording a podcast today - ask your questions

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Recording a podcast today - ask your questions

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:28 PM

Here are a couple of questions:

1. Do you think more senior members of the forums should be allowed to post tutorials/snippet freely without moderator approval? Users who've been here for a long time and have a good standing with the community should be allowed to easily submit tutorials in my opinion. Thoughts?

2. I'm mainly a C# .NET programmer. My coworker and myself are starting to learn F# for fun but we wonder if there is a use for this language in the job market. Putting aside the programming 'craft' for a minute, is learning F# a wise investment with regards to finding a job for it?

3. C# 5 is a clear indictment that the language is moving towards the functional aspect of programming. In the future, will knowing C# and F# be a huged leverage tool?

This post has been edited by Sergio Tapia: 05 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:50 PM

What are some important skills to get hired as a programmer (aside from the ones needed for the job)?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

View PostSergio Tapia, on 05 November 2010 - 01:28 PM, said:

1. Do you think more senior members of the forums should be allowed to post tutorials/snippet freely without moderator approval? Users who've been here for a long time and have a good standing with the community should be allowed to easily submit tutorials in my opinion. Thoughts?

Not to detract from the question, but Mentors already have this capability. Are you also referring to say, authors and experts?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1