electrical enginners

if your employed as an EE then reply please! :]

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 625 Views - Last Post: 06 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

electrical enginners

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:49 PM

I am currently majoring in electrical engineering and personally know a couple engineers from different aspects but not one from the electrical field. I've asked some general questions about the job and what you might do to the other guys but none of them really know how much of something your going to do which is granted because they don't do the job but seeing as I am going into the field I would like to get a outlook on it.

What do you do on a daily basis? Is it a lot of meetings and such where you are grouped up or is it more individual?

Is there a lot of programming? I am taking C++ classes now, will I have to know other languages? would other languages benefit me a great deal or not so much?

and if you wanna kind of tell me about your job and such, how fun or not fun, or why you like it then feel free to! Im just basically trying to network with people who are in the field so that I don't "go in blind" if you will.

thanks so much guys!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: electrical enginners

• Awesome
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: electrical enginners

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

I cannot speak for the field, because I am not an electrical engineer. However, I imagine a lot depends on what company you work for and what division of that company you work for. I think electrical engineering definitely has specialties, such as drawing schematics and the actual physical work that goes into creating a product.

This is a bit off topic, but MIT has a great EECS (Electrical Engineering/Computer Science) program that I would die to get into. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1