4 Replies - 627 Views - Last Post: 08 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Programmer Friendly?

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:17 PM

Hey everyone, so I'm working on a program that helps kids learn how to pronounce words. I began to think back to when I was learning syllables and I remember clapping my hands in order to figure out how many syllables a word was.

My program is an ASP.NET application and I'm doing it in C#. I want to put something similiar to hands clapping in my application but I'm limited on the amount of time that I have to get a prototype working of my application. I was hoping that some of you might be able to give me some programmer friendly ideas of an alternative to some hands clapping.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Programmer Friendly?

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Programmer Friendly?

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

Hyphens perhaps if you are going to display the word. Could be int-er-est-ing. Later you could even have it go back and for each token (split the string on hyphens) make it play a sound or show an animation of a clap. Might be one solution for you. :)

This post has been edited by Martyr2: 07 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:49 PM

That is a really good idea. I wish I had thought of that! Thanks Marty2! You may have just saved me a lot of programming time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 creativecoding  Icon User is online

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:16 PM

Not all kids learn the same. I learn by talking and explaining. I can't read something and learn it. Implant a way for it to speak to the kids. You could record your own voice (or hire someone) or use microsofts text to speech (microsoft sam).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

View Postcreativecoding, on 07 November 2010 - 11:16 PM, said:

Not all kids learn the same. I learn by talking and explaining. I can't read something and learn it. Implant a way for it to speak to the kids. You could record your own voice (or hire someone) or use microsofts text to speech (microsoft sam).

Yeah, I thought about that. I'm just focusing on one method of teaching at the moment. If I can get sponsored by a company that is interested in my program then I will look into other methods.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1