1 Replies - 747 Views - Last Post: 10 November 2010 - 04:23 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

is this Javascript drag and drop app viable?

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

Hi

I would be really grateful for your advice.

I would like to explore a project using javascript however I currently have no idea how long it would take.

The project is kind of similar to the 3D Room feature on mydeco.com (go to mydeco.com/design/ and click on 'Design a 3D room' (about a third of the way down the page).The application allows the user to position 3D items in a 3D room as well as viewing that 3D room from two additional angles.

I would like to create something similar but for a different use.

Basically it would have similar features as the 3D room but with the following differences:

- There would be no 3D elements/images. All would be 2D.
- The 3D room builder has a panel on the right which allows users to navigate to images via categories. My app would still have the right hand panel, but the images would be 2D
- The rest of the window would just have a single main 2D image in it.
- The user would drop/position 2D images from the right hand panel, on to the main 2D image.
- There would be no need for additional views or for any rendering of images.
- It would have the other functionality at the top of the window such as save, share, undo, redo etc. An additional function would be needed to allow the user to adjust images to be 'above' or 'below' other images.

I would be so grateful to hear your opinions on how long something like this would take to programme.

Also, is there any reason this app opens in a new window instead of running on the website itself?

If you have any other comments about this project please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you

J

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: is this Javascript drag and drop app viable?

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: is this Javascript drag and drop app viable?

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:23 AM

*bump* please help!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1