1 Replies - 13212 Views - Last Post: 10 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

problems when using a site map generator

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:49 AM

Hello,
I have created several new pages for my website and what to update my sitemap to reflect those changes. I have gone to several free site map generators online and I keep getting the same results - only 15 pages mapped and there are probably more than 100 there. Now these pages where generated by a php script using a sql database and are linked to through a sql search script.
My question is why is the site map generator missing this html files? Is it because the owner is different? Or is it because there is no static page linking to them? Or is it just being annoying? :) Any help is great, this recent update I made on this website is one I have to make on 5 or 6 more websites so I need to figure out this problem as the reason we are creating the html pages is for SEO. So to my understanding getting them into the sitemap is probably pretty important. I'm very new to SEO so any tips would be great. Originally I had it set up that whatever was selected in the form was display in a php file but we felt that this wasn't good enough for SEO so I create a script that would create the same display in a html file so now when I update the datebases I recreate the html using a php script. If that makes any sense.
I would really appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks,
Kim

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: problems when using a site map generator

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: problems when using a site map generator

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

Based on your description, I'd hazard a guess that the reason your pages aren't being displayed is because there aren't any static pages linking to them. If the only way to find your page is by going to /search?q=my+query+term, a sitemap generator isn't going to know to enter that query term, and therefore won't see the page if you haven't linked to it from somewhere else.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1