• +
  • Last »

77 Replies - 6829 Views - Last Post: 25 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

I'm not racist...

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

You guys are from all over and I love you all... well, most of you. ;)

But this... this is just fucking sickening.

Posted Image

On remembrance day of all days. I know, they've done it before, it's nothing new, but it makes me sick to my stomach to see it. If they're gonna come live in our country to work and earn an honest living, fair enough... but at least fucking respect it.

This post has been edited by gabehabe: 12 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I'm not racist...

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I'm not racist...

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:59 AM

Welcome to Looks like America.

This post has been edited by BenignDesign: 12 November 2010 - 11:03 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

Oh, I remember how bad London was. I was there in 1994 and there was a woman in a full burqah walking around (she wasnt the only one). She got hit by a car in front of Buckingham palace and I never thought much about it until years later.

This post has been edited by AlbuquerqueApache: 12 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

There isn't much that can be said about this that will be impartial to both sides, but this is unacceptable.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

What I find more sad is that here in the states we don't observe the day with as much respect as the rest of the western world.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• kitties == adorable

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

If this is about what they're wearing then i couldn't care less, they can wear whatever they want and those outfits (don't know what they're called) look cool.

This post has been edited by Alex6788: 12 November 2010 - 11:29 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:16 AM

View PostAlex6788, on 12 November 2010 - 05:14 PM, said:

If this is about what they're wearing then i could care less, they can wear whatever they want and those outfits (don't know what they're called) look cool.

...Read the article. Telling British troops to die, burning poppies on remembrance day. Not quite to do with their clothes.

Also, don't be a retard. The phrase is couldn't care less. It drives me mad when people get this wrong.

If you could care less, then you actually care.

View Postlordofduct, on 12 November 2010 - 05:13 PM, said:

What I find more sad is that here in the states we don't observe the day with as much respect as the rest of the western world.

I'm actually quite surprised that you don't make a very big deal of it. Americans are crazy patriotic, so I would've expected you to go all out.

I used to go to that London when my great granddad could still walk, he used to march. Now he only has one leg. I also used to love all the old guys who were there, but many of them have passed away since. It was always freezing, but we always had a great time. I used to stand at the front of the coach on the way there and tell really bad jokes. This is going way back to when I were just a lad. Ahh, the memories.

This post has been edited by gabehabe: 12 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:16 AM

View PostAlex6788, on 12 November 2010 - 10:14 AM, said:

If this is about what they're wearing then i could care less, they can wear whatever they want and those outfits (don't know what they're called) look cool.

It's because during a moment of silence remembering fallen soldiers (a tradition since WWI when the international holiday was first began to remember), these protesters were screaming that British soldiers should burn in hell.

They may have the 'right', doesn't mean it is right. Good way to figure if it's right or wrong, what if the same was done on some high holy day.

This post has been edited by lordofduct: 12 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• kitties == adorable

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:25 AM

Also, don't be a retard. The phrase is couldn't care less. It drives me mad when people get this wrong.

I usually spell it right that was a typo.

Telling British troops to die, burning poppies on remembrance day. Not quite to do with their clothes.

Yeah that's bad.

This post has been edited by Alex6788: 12 November 2010 - 11:26 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:41 AM

View Postgabehabe, on 12 November 2010 - 12:16 PM, said:

I'm actually quite surprised that you don't make a very big deal of it. Americans are crazy patriotic, so I would've expected you to go all out.

It used to be a big deal here. But like everything else it's been sanitized by the political correctness machine. I remember as a kid we were off school, went to parades, it was a huge deal when my grandparents were still around (both my grandfathers were WWII vets). Now there's nothing. People don't even hang flags out anymore. Except the old man next door... he's a WWII vet. He rides around with a giant flag on a pole on the back of his motorized wheel chair year-round. It needs to be a big deal. But someone might get offended or feel left out. Pussies.

America: where the proud give their lives so the rest have the freedom to treat them like shit.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

View PostBenignDesign, on 12 November 2010 - 10:41 AM, said:

It used to be a big deal here. But like everything else it's been sanitized by the political correctness machine. I remember as a kid we were off school, went to parades, it was a huge deal when my grandparents were still around (both my grandfathers were WWII vets). Now there's nothing. People don't even hang flags out anymore. Except the old man next door... he's a WWII vet. He rides around with a giant flag on a pole on the back of his motorized wheel chair year-round. It needs to be a big deal. But someone might get offended or feel left out. Pussies.

America: where the proud give their lives so the rest have the freedom to treat them like shit.

Yeah when I was a little kid (elementary school in the 80s) in New England my town put a bit more effort into it. No parade or anything as far as I remember, we had just had one the month prior for the 'four town fair'. But there was the flags, day off school, and my grandma would tell her incoherent stories on the hill in Granby during the depression and her brothers going to the WWII.

down here in Florida though you wouldn't even know there was a holiday except for the 1/2 off sale at all the electronics stores. "Remember those who died for your freedoms by purchasing that big screen 1080p LCD!" I hope the small towns still get out and do stuff, and I know the elderly around here in WPB do get together and do their own thing (it's usually in the paper the day after), but everyone else just goes on with their day like it's any other.

We certainly don't have no 'moment of silence' big enough to warrant interruption by protesters of any degree.

Maybe I'm just blinded by the, bleh, of this 'tropical life'. Not a single holiday feels like a holiday here. Sorry but Thanksgiving or Christmas on the beach is so surreal that the idea of the holiday is lost to me. Call me a purist or something, but to me this time of year requires the bitter cold of the northeast, and small communities where participation is expected.

Oh no... did I just turn nationalist there? My liberal side might choke... oh wait, that's ok, he was choked long ago by my communist tendencies.

This post has been edited by lordofduct: 12 November 2010 - 11:58 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

Islam is a religion (in this case radical Islam), not a race, so you needn't feel "racist" for your well-founded opinion toward these particular scumbags.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:59 AM

View PostJackOfAllTrades, on 12 November 2010 - 10:57 AM, said:

Islam is a religion (in this case radical Islam), not a race, so you needn't feel "racist" for your well-founded opinion toward these particular scumbags.

I noticed that, despite the obvious definition of 'racist', many use it in place of 'bigoted'.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 私もクールです

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:01 PM

View PostBenignDesign, on 12 November 2010 - 11:41 AM, said:

Sadly this is very true all over. WTF.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:24 PM

View PostBenignDesign, on 12 November 2010 - 10:41 AM, said:

there are veterans day celebrations all over. if you didn't attend one the only person to blame is yourself, not some politically correct machine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »