5 Replies - 1559 Views - Last Post: 03 November 2006 - 12:32 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

benefito.com, please review

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:38 AM

Hi There,
Would you like to review my site http://www.benefito.com? I made some major changes. Could you give me suggestions on the layout, color, navigation pahts, and contents?

Connects coders, freelance programmers to jobs
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: benefito.com, please review

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: benefito.com, please review

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:47 PM

My honest opinion about this would be, it looks like a link farm type site. I mean, I can tell it isn't but if I did a google search, and got this, I'd be hitting the back button very quickly. Maybe get rid of some ads if possible.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 November 2006 - 11:02 AM

I agree with adult swim. Look at a sites similar to yours in theory, then bring it closer in style. I would have clicked the back button before the page even started loading. Work on a redesign first, then start thinking about all your content and stuff.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 November 2006 - 11:47 AM

Ads, Ads, Ads, i see three main ad centers the second i load the page.
There is a thing to be said for having ads in the page so that a user will see them as part of the site and get you ad clicks, but by having it only ads the user never sees content at all.

the navigation bar at the top is not long enough for all your links
and im not on my primary computer, but im using a 1024x768 screen here and when i click on a link i get brought to a page , say the "event" page, and your content is pushed so far down the page by ads i only see the title.

not good to have no content in the viewing range.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:14 PM

It just looks... Fake to me.

Like one of them sites where you mistype the URL...

The ads are almost laid out too well, it's like your trying to fool the visitor.

Spice it up, add some color and less generic-ness.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I liek milk!!1
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:32 PM

Also, animated gifs, especially on business sites, tend to drop the sites professional look waaaayyyyyy the heck down (unless they are functional). They are generic and direct the attention away from the content.

I also agree that the site triggers my natural "ad sense blocker". Back button would be hit before even thinking about looking around the site. I'm not even kidding, it's seeing the 7.5pt Verdana Google ads text that is an instant turnoff and a misinterpretation of what you are trying to offer. I'm going to go as far as to say remove the google ads completely from the main content and from the side-bar menu navigation. If you feel it is necessary to have google ads, place them near the bottom of the page so it is not mistaken for actual content. Also, maybe place them under the search queries. That way they aren't disregarded, but at the same time not imposing, deceptive or in the way of normal site operations.

Otherwise, like stated before, color would be nice. Something to spice it up. By the look of your logo, you should be trying to blend with a gray background so it looks more transparent. That or recrop the logo.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1