3 Replies - 355 Views - Last Post: 20 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Embeded Spreadsheet + forms?

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:15 AM

I am looking to pretty up how I arrange html forms. The latest endeavor is an embedded spreadsheet. I just want the sheet to hold a background image and text area forms.

I found I cam embed a document with <iframe> and there are various php libraries for reading and manipulating excel documents. I am also now playing with the visual basic editor in Excel 2007. I've never touched VB, so its going a little slow.

My question... am I heading anywhere near the right direction to do what I want? Thanks for reading.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Embeded Spreadsheet + forms?

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Embeded Spreadsheet + forms?

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:04 PM

Why not use CSS and Javascript? Together you can do pretty much anything you will need the form to be capable of...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:01 AM

Well, I don't know CSS or JS, but that's OK. I'd rather have the requirements on my site, not the client. So Id stay away from Java.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

Okay, that's fine that you want to stay away from Java, I can't blame you for websites. However Javascript and Java have nothing in common except the name. And Both Javascript and some VB are built into most browsers (though Javascript is the standard which comes with all modern browsers, and doesn't require an addon or anything - though can be disabled through the browser options).

Another key point when using Excel files in webpages is that they will likely require a plugin on the client's browser for everything to look right and act as it should.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1