1 Replies - 4483 Views - Last Post: 19 November 2010 - 11:21 PM

• You wish you were my hand!
  • member icon

• View blog

Site Check

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:19 PM

OK, First site check in a few years. This is a personal site I am going to be using as a home to work on and create projects and some place to hold my portfolio.

As for the design I wanted something simple and fast loading. Very minimal use of images only the logo and navigation. I also decided to use the space that most use for a "header image" as a navigation as well. I did this using jQuery. Still very new at it but I think it worked out pretty well.

Tell me what you think, there is no content yet as I have to still create the whole backend.

http://www.iamcenz.net

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Site Check

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Site Check

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:21 PM

Looks great! Two suggestions I can provide would be to fill out the footer a little more so that it has a tad more height. This will add a bit more weight to it and even it out with the header. The second thing I would play with is to have it slide the images at the top only when the user clicks the menu items instead of just when they hover over it. One of the first things I did was move the mouse over like 2 or 3 of them real quick and it was skipping a past some of the options. It would add a little of a "tactile" feel to have the user actually initiate the slide.

Other than that, looks fantastic. I can't complain about anything really. Great start and the minimalistic approach is working out for you here.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1