Sql database on C#

how to work in sql database using C#

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 3546 Views - Last Post: 20 November 2010 - 08:48 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Sql database on C#

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:45 AM

Hello everyone,
I would like some help on this...

I know the basics in C# and i try hard to learn everything, i just need some information.
I want to make a program which will look like a video club manager.I want to create an sql database and then update it make queries etc..
If just someone could explain to me which type of database i need (sdf,mdf) and why...Whats the main structure to start selecting rows from my tables and update using textboxes etc..
I made a try using connection,adapter filling my dataset and creating a new row like " dataset.DataRow grammh = dataset.Tables["costumers_table"].NewRow(); "
and creating the commandBuilder but after all these still my database doesnt update when i look into it using the broswer..

If just someone could tell me what do i need or what i miss , would appriciate a lot..

thanks in advance :]

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Sql database on C#

#2 JackOfAllTrades  Icon User is online

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Sql database on C#

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:26 AM

If you need help with code, you must POST the code -- in CODE TAGS, as shown below -- along with the errors you're receiving (if any).

:code:

Also note some of our tutorials, which includes SQL Basics in C#
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:52 AM

I dont have a specific code cause i make different projects for testing..I try 2 days now and get stuck in this specific point:

i make an sdf database i create the table and i follow instructions from different sites even the official by microsoft..the thing is my database doesnt really update when i close the running program and checking to server broswer(right click-> show table data)
What are the possible problems here (except the code which i think its fine) ?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professional Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:40 AM

please post some of what you've tried so far so we have something to work with. If you've made attempts then you have code. It's a lot easier to help you with your code than to try to write a bunch of code that may not even be what you are needing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:48 AM

I just made it guys...Thank you a lot tho.
I was just confused and a little break helped ... The database work, i can update delete make new row.

Sorry for the incovinience and thank you for ur interest :]
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1