1 Replies - 8516 Views - Last Post: 26 October 2006 - 01:36 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Advanced Mouse Hook

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:23 PM

I was planning to build a key hook for my new logitech mouse. It's an advanced laser mouse with 7 extra buttons apart from the left right and middle button. The reason for building it myself is that as good as the logitech hardware is, as crappy is their software and i just don't want it in my system (there are easier ways of killing your computer, like surfing the web without a firewall). The problem is that windows doesn't seem to see more than the usual buttons and the scrollwheel (using SetWindowsHookEx with WH_MOUSE_LL as hookid) and perhaps two other buttons if XBUTTON1 and XBUTTON2 is what I think they are.

So the question is: Is there any way to get hold of the rest of the buttons?

(According to the guy on this page: http://www.highrez.c...ttonControl.htm it doesn't seem to be possible so I'm not overly positive)

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Advanced Mouse Hook

• rÍvant.toujours
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Advanced Mouse Hook

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:36 PM

Investigate writing a DirectX module that utilizes DirectInput if you're just using windows. DirectInput has all sorts of nifty mouse things in it, though I'm not familiar with this sort of problem so it may not work for writing something that actually hooks on your mouse.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1