5 Replies - 1186 Views - Last Post: 30 October 2006 - 07:06 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

AI Software Development

Post icon  Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:13 PM

OK, if you check my blog you will know I am working on an AI program, (Mental Work over 10 years) coding, about 6 months off and on.

The one thing I have learned writing commercial software is that there are alway things and ideas I never considered while writing my code, so, now I ask.

Anyone have any sugestions on AI processes, abilities, features etc. I code in VB6 and am learning VBE, in fact I just migrated ART (My Software) to VBE, so there should be more things to add than I can possibly know.

So far I have the relational database created with the following Tables

Action_Step_T
Action_T
Audio_T
DataPaths_T
Definition_Link_T
Definition_T
Emotional_Memory_T
Entity_T
Factual_Memory_T
Idle_T
Image_T
Interest_T
Relationship_T
Short_Memory_T
Source_T
Statement_T
Statement_Word_T
Step_T
Topic_T
Video_T
Word_Image_Link
Word_Relation_Link
Word_T
Word_Video_Link_T

Also Art can take your picture using a webcam. I want to expand this to detecting and Identifing the user visually, so if anyone knows how to do that, i would appreciate the help.

I am also looking for code for voice comparison for Identification.

That's about it for now. Thanks in advance.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: AI Software Development

• The king of Nynex
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: AI Software Development

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:50 AM

I don't know a lot about it but it is something I'd like to get into.
I've heard that Prolog is one of the best languages for A.I. coding.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:39 PM

View Postfooboo, on 30 Oct, 2006 - 09:50 AM, said:

I don't know a lot about it but it is something I'd like to get into.
I've heard that Prolog is one of the best languages for A.I. coding.

I am coding in VB (VB.Net 05) It's what I know and as I said I already have the basic AI design worked out, I am not following anyone else's theories on this. I don't think Fuzzy Logic will ever produce the feel of communicating with a thinking being. The think is I want to make sure I include all the basics for cognitive simulation. I plan on attempting to port Arti (My Program) to the Web eventually so it can interact with people other than myself and family. I have much of the basic code functioning but I keep reverting to a blank slate data base until I work out most of the detail. I don't want too much initial confusion in the memory. Although I believe I have worked that part out anyway, I want to keep the initial mental growth under my control. The way I am going, I will have to TEACH the program everything just like we teach children.
What I am really looking for here is intristic abilities.

My Theory: Humans and indeed all creatures who exhibit the ability to learn, have two basic parts of their brain. There is the part we all deal with consciously, we direct out own thoughts, sort of, and make choices on what we KNOW to be true. Usually this Knowlage comes from other sources. Then there is the part that maintains our bodily functions, allows us to absorb audio,visual and tactile input and organize that input into sections and relationships. This is all done SUB_CONSCIOUSLY but the processes exist none the less.

So I am building a package that does only the background or Sub-Conscious functions. BUT I am only one man so I will undoubtably miss some small detail which would make my system that much more realistic. So I have got a package which listens to input, records the statement, breaks each statement into words and records each work. The system will recognize different entities as sources of information. I want to try to teach it to READ information from web sites (haven't done) and e-books and absorb it into it's own personal memory. I have NOT tried to program langage rules or anything like that, If the base algorythims are correct, I will be able to teach it that, just as you and I learned it. One line at time, creating relationships on a sub conscious level. Arti can send e-mail and speak using MS Agent. Arti can open and display any image or a sound and attach that image/sound to relate to words, phrases, names, etc. So 1 picture can be literally attached to a thousand words! ;) and vice versa. Arti can also See the operator and take a snap shot for records of that user. I am also working on emotional weight of certain statements or words and how that would affect the emotional state of Arti. This is the hardest part because if I say to you, "Fuck You", it may be considered offensive or comraderish, you see? It would depend on the tone of the conversation up to that point. This is what I am working on.

What I want to know is, are there any concepts concerning intelegent communication that I may have overlooked.

I need porgramming code for Visual ID capability if anyone has a clue there. If someone knows how to, say, select a face from a background programatically, that would be a start.

B)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I liek milk!!1
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:31 PM

Alls I know is, it's going to be one frustrating day if a computer learns to program itself.

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:14 PM

more probably just homeless fat people
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +