I'm a {real} C++ Beginner

C++ Implementation in Windows for Beginner

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 666 Views - Last Post: 26 November 2010 - 04:20 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I'm a {real} C++ Beginner

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:55 PM

Hello, I'm a C++ beginner programmer, i have understood the logic, syntax, operand, etc in C++. But I don't find any tutorial about the example of applying it in programming a real simple Windows program. Can you give me the tutorial of simple Windows programs by C++?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I'm a {real} C++ Beginner

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: I'm a {real} C++ Beginner

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:27 AM

Hi and welcome to D.I.C!

We have tutorials here on this site, either clik the Tutorials link in the menu at the top
or just click this link to get to the basic tutorials: http://www.dreaminco...m/134-c-basics/.

If this doesn't help, I'd like you to be more specific in your question since basicly anything can be a simple windows program.
What would you like to do for example?
A TicTacToe game?
Your own text editor?
Or maybe 3D MMO that's so awsome that it will pop WoW out of the market the first day it's released?

If you know the syntax, have a text editor and a compiler up your sleave, the possibilities are endless! ;-)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I'm a {real} C++ Beginner

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:20 AM

To use C++ in a Windows UI program, you need to talk to the Windows API. You can do this directly, with what is really just C. You can use Microsoft's wrapper for those calls, which is MFC. Or you can use some other UI package like wxWindows or Qt that ultimately hooks into that API.

Any program that talks to Windows has to use many layers of API calls. Given this, the language of choice doesn't matter all that much. I prefer C# for Windows. If you want another .NET language, please avoid CLI C++; it's a hot mess and will teach you little of C++ programming.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1