4 Replies - 1913 Views - Last Post: 28 November 2010 - 05:38 AM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Previous Web form inputs not remembered

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

Hi folks,

I'm developing an ASP.NET MVC application, but there I started to experience some problems... My web site suddenly stopped remembering values I previously entered in form input fields... For example, when I double click on text input field in a web form, drop down opens and provides me with previously entered values, but only with those from yesterday, and none from today...

What could be causing this? Is there any reasonable explanation why this is happening? I did a lot of changes to my web application so it is really hard to figure out what might be the issue...

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards,
FlashM...

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Previous Web form inputs not remembered

• THE PEN IS MIGHTIER
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Previous Web form inputs not remembered

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:10 PM

Are you referring to the browser's ability to store recent input values or your own implementation of a recent values list? I think the browser looks at the name/id of the input control to show recent values. Have you modified those?

This post has been edited by Skaggles: 27 November 2010 - 09:10 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:47 AM

I'm referring to the browser's ability to store recent values. The only thing I did was updated all the forms I have - removed some fields, added some new and renamed a few... Then suddenly my browser started to refer my username values in my email textbox. I verified and my email field is named as it was before, I only changed my username input name from accout to username.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:31 AM

Is it possible that values sent using jquery ajax wouldn not be remembered? Or is it possible it is because of wrong model binder implementation?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:38 AM

OK... Issue resolved... The problem was that on my form a had a button whose type was set to 'button' instead of 'submit'... I was posting data with ajax. When I changed button type back to 'submit' and updated my javascript function to return false after executing ajax, everything worked as it should and my submitted values begun appearing in my input elements as suggestions when double clicked on input element.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1