2 Replies - 3502 Views - Last Post: 28 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

rollover button in gimp?

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

ok, so im new to web development and gimp, but i found this tutorial, and i was wondering how i would do this part in gimp, heres what it says.

The trick to making this type of rollover work smoothly is to have both the normal and rollover images stacked in a single GIF image, with the rollover state below the normal state. Here's our button image - it's 107 pixels wide and 46 pixels tall:
but the problem is i dont know what they mean by stack them together, as the picture shows one above the other, not stacked, and i dont know how to accomplish "stacking them" any help would be appreciated. thank you
P.S heres the full tutorial tutorial

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: rollover button in gimp?

• binary decision maker
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: rollover button in gimp?

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:00 AM

They don't mean stacked. It's unfortunate language to use in the context of programs and users who are familiar with the "layers" that a lot of programs like GIMP use.
They just mean one positioned next to the other. Most commonly for rollovers this is done with one image directly below the other, separated by a block of transparency, but it could be to the left or right or whatever, so long as you match up the co-ordinates in your CSS.

So don't worry about it - just plop them onto the same image as each other.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: rollover button in gimp?

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

ok, so take both the images, and align them next to each other? thanks!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1