Howdy doo

Me being a total nut

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 578 Views - Last Post: 31 October 2006 - 10:09 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Howdy doo

Post icon  Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:37 AM

So anyways, I'm a bored guy in PennState, persuing a comp sci degree to hopefully turn myself into a PHD neuro-prosthetic researcher.

And uh... I do odd stuff all the time... like trying to code hard stuff for fun.

Currently, I'm plotting with a fellow in my dorm (she at least seems to be able to withstand my kooky ideas) on creating a multithreaded particle simulation framework (NOT NECESSARILY FOR GAMES! GO AWAY!).

If you want specifics, I have that on google code under the project name gparticles.

But yeah, I got mah "Principles of Concurrent and Distributed Programming" book and a belly full of physics, biology, boost libraries funkiness, and other junk. I hope to churn out other interesting things like a sketch program (so help me, I love doing digital art and I'm a doodle head). Also I tend to run around OS's like mad (see next paragraph... first sentence)

I have a macbook pro (and so help me! GET 2 gigs of RAM if you ever buy one, or install windows and linux on it. OSX has the worst allocator ever! Okay okay.... I know that's not technically true, but you get the jist... I barely am able to run osx without pulling hair out).

And I intend to use the beast to my bidding. I'm also trying to help out the imendio fellows code gtk+ for mac. The xcode suite rocks so much arse that I'm still pleading with people to tell me I'm not mad, so I'm more than willing to see how it runs its course with my insane endeavors.

So yeah. I also am highly interested in moving to Israel for most of the crazy activities I do in the future... what can I say.... I love all the research that's happening over there when compared to anywhere else (sorry America.... sorry Europe.... and mostly sorry Australia *snicker*). I'll shuddap and stop hatin' now.

I almost be inactive for a bit on dream n code because of all the brain burning vhdl projects combined with me trying to wrap myself around parallel computing... which oddly enough go together rather well when you consider all the concurrent problems.

Oh!

And thank you BOOST LIBRARIES! I love you with lots of standard template smooches and hugs! And for the linux kate editor... I'll get in her bed and make babies any day (along with vim... but that's not a very good floozy name). Emacs people, you may shower your hate *hovers over submit button... puts on shower cap*.... now! *click*

On a second note... google code hosting is... down!??!?

Ahhhh!!!1 *bangs forehead into something hard*

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Howdy doo

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Howdy doo

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:19 PM

Welcome to dream in code. Glad you decided to join.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:09 PM

I'll hopefully not wear out that welcome :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:11 PM

Welcome to DIC...

respect each individual's opinions....

ehehheh...

by the way welcome

see you
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Wisdom Listens
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:41 PM

Hey welcome to dream in code, i will be seeing you around the forums
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:15 AM

Welcome.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Student of Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:09 AM

Welcome to Dream in Code. Look forward to seeing you around the forums.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1