4 Replies - 815 Views - Last Post: 02 December 2010 - 01:25 PM Rate Topic: -----

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Looking for Python Forum Leader

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:51 AM

We're looking for a forum leader for the Python forum here at Dream.In.Code. Here's what a forum leader is:

Forum leaders are members who are passionate about the topic(s) of the forum(s) they are leading. Forum leaders should be evangelists for their areas and help build community and get people talking. Forum leaders may also help keep their forums clean by moving and editing posts and topics. A Forum Leader is not a Dream.In.Code moderator/admin - forum leaders don't directly handle issues with members

If you've been around a while and are interested in helping get people talking in the Python forum, reply here or PM me. Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Looking for Python Forum Leader

• coderさん
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Looking for Python Forum Leader

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:27 AM

Can we recommend people? Because if we can, I recommend Motoma. He is great at python and has been a huge help to me and as I have seen, many other people. Also, while I am posting, how much experience would you need to be a forum leader? Not that I am going to run for it, but just wondering.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:15 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. Motoma has a lot going on right now and doesn't feel like he'd be able to commit the time. So anyone else you would recommend?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

Also, to answer your question. We're not looking for experts to be forum leaders. We're just looking for folks who are passionate about the language/area they are leading. Friendly. Outgoing. Helpful. And who understand the rules and can get people talking and help keep resource threads, FAQs, etc. updated and such.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pythoneer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:25 PM

I know I haven't talked on the board much lately, but my schedule is starting to open up a bit more. I would consider it an honor and a privilege if you'd give me a chance at this. What do you guys think about letting me take the rest of the year as something of a probationary period? If the board's consensus is that I'm not doing enough, I will respectfully and graciously step down.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1