2 Replies - 667 Views - Last Post: 30 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

server website database

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:51 AM

Can anyone tell me if there are any free website templates with a matching server database? and where they can be found.
Thanks!!!!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: server website database

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: server website database

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:29 AM

Hi Forgewright,

I'm confused as to what exactly you are after here. A database needs to be hosted online so it's accessible to the site drawing on it, are you after a hosting package that allows you to create a database and has some 'instant site' type tools?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: server website database

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

Well I set up a wampserver with apache on my home computer and now i have to creat a database for a website template I down loaded. Since I am trying to learn how to set up all the index, login, register, config files that go with the template, I have discovered that my skills are lacking. I need script that will tell me in the code exactly what goes in the changeable areas and exactly where it points to beCaUsE Im GOING TO PULL MY HAIR OUT!!!lol Im having to learn while i set this all up(first timer). I do not have the template hosted yet. I am changing the php and script files to try and get the login process to complete and i keep getting lost. I dont want to have to ask 50 million questions on here. I have gotton past the register process but the login keeps stopping at the login_exec.php file and it shows the code for that page when I run the login process from the Index.htm file. I am clueless to what to channge or point to. Now I know I should take some more tutorials but I am to stubburn or lazy. Im am not enjoying myself anymore and just want to get the site running. And Im to (po) to pay to have it done.

If the code said " ok dumb dumb put in the database name here I could go forward. Ohhhhh I just realized I will probably need to host the template to point to it properly....

Quit your laughing... anyway I was hoping to get templates for every part of setting up a server feed website from the same source(package deal) to make the changes a little easier. I've been up all night so I'm a little distrought. So the files wont run if the template isnt hosted online...
I've just been running it on my IE. Is that part right? Nothing like waisting 10 hours.

This post has been edited by Forgewright: 30 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1