Get To Know Your Forum Leaders!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

19 Replies - 10033 Views - Last Post: 07 April 2014 - 11:40 PM Rate Topic: -----

#1 Martyr2  Icon User is online

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Get To Know Your Forum Leaders!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:27 PM

Below is our forum leaders for the PHP forum. So why not say hello to them and get to know them a bit better! We are confident that you will find their posts educational, enlightening and even a bit fun at times!

Martyr2

Hello everyone, I go by the name of Martyr2 and I am American even though I live in Vancouver Canada. I have been programming for over 13 years and have worked as a programmer in many industries. Some of my experience includes appliance retail software, the travel industry where I was responsible for over 170+ websites world-wide and just recently transferred over to a hot tech company doing communication software. I consider this job a bit of a "think tank" because of the free reign I am given to explore programming concepts. The last few years I have focused on system/algorithm design, best practices and general programming theory.

Being that I ran several websites for several years, many of which were built on the PHP platform, I have extensive experience in creating PHP solutions. I have also been a part of several game development efforts focused around PHP and have even been asked numerous times to hack online games in security testing. I know how to design game algorithms as well as create old fashioned web apps. Everything from administration panels to login forms to statistics gathering and reporting and even merging with technologies such as jQuery/Javascript and even ASP pages.

With over 9 years experience in web development you can be sure that I know quite a bit and will certainly do my best to answer all questions thoughtfully as well as with a bit of kindness/good humor. Learning should be fun and the goal is to get you on the right path to making that next Google! :)

Dormilich

hello, I go by the name of Bertold von Dormilich and I’m coming from Germany. I have been making my first website about ten years ago (and I’m glad that it is offline). I do not do anything in the IT business and I have kept coding for the web a hobby ever since.

Anyways that never stopped me from getting better at coding so I expanded my toolkit from HTML to Javascript and PHP. And because I don’t like things to be half finished, I strived for getting better at it.

Forums like this one have always helped me in this process over the years, feeding my passion and raising my experience. Ah, yes, and I still manage a homepage where I can set-up new features and test the latest things I hear of.

This post has been edited by Dormilich: 04 December 2010 - 12:47 PM
Reason for edit:: added my introduction

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Get To Know Your Forum Leaders!

• ninja DIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Get To Know Your Forum Leaders!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:28 PM

What?! Sadness, no one has replied to say hi :/

I shall be the first then. Greeting Martyr2 and Dormilich. I shall be in the forums trolling... err... asking questions. As to getting to know them better... @Martyr2, you can be found in teh basement, correct? Excellent, tea it is then :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Martyr2  Icon User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:08 AM

That would be correct. Please forgive my nasally replies, the dust down here has me all stuffed up. I am working extra hard to deliver code to Skyhawk for xmas. He is like an evil Santa and I am one of his corrupted elves.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

Hello Martyr2, its a pleasure to meet you :D I'm a newbie at PHP and Game Programming, your simple battle algorithm helped me understand a bit more :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

Hello Forum Leaders, I hope to get to see your coding magic in action and that I am able to help others along side you! :rockon:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Martyr2  Icon User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:45 PM

Nice to meet you Kellimus and Volcom. You will surely get to see us in action as we regularly post around these parts. I hope you guys have a chance to participate in our upcoming code challenges! Should be fun. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

Hello Martyr2 and Dormilich!

I'm relatively new to PHP programming. I studied computer programming and web development in college; however PHP was not one of the course of study. I learned PHP from reading some books by O'Reilly and attempted to create my own community forum with the knowledge--it went well until my computer had a virus and I didn't have time to get it resolved. I'm back online on my desktop, with a laptop by my side and I look forward to interacting with you both in the forum.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 Martyr2  Icon User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:39 AM

Glad you could get back online and back here scentauri. Hopefully you find this forum to your liking and you learn all you can about PHP. Great choice of language to learn for the web. Hope to see more of you around here. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

Hi Martyr2 and Dormilich..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

Hello Martyr2 and Dormilich I'm a newbie at PHP programming, your simple battle algorithm helped me understand a bit more ..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

Hi Martyr2 and Dormilich,
Im a newbie to php programming, i believe php could resolve almost all web designing constraints and have decided to dedicate my time to mastering php. Hope to grow under the guidance of experts like you.
Cheers
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 Martyr2  Icon User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

Just wanted to catch up and say hello nandureddy, azizmuda and isiddhartha! Glad to have you guys on board here in the PHP forum. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:23 PM

Hi Fmods!

I'm not really new to programming as I had this during college (6month / 1 semester) combined HTML, JS and PHP. Just graduated last year and now I'm working as a PHP programmer.

I have to say, the forum had really helped me a lot. Especially the tutorials. So, thanks to everyone in DIC.

Expect me to be lurking more here in the forums. :)

Thanks in advance I know I'll be needing your help someday. :rockon:

richmund12.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:58 AM

Hello Martyr2 and Dormilich,
I started learning php about a year ago or so. Internet connectivity in my area is very poor which cripples my activities online especially on a site like this. But I will use the limited opportunity I am having to see how much I can gain and also contribute.
See you all around...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 Martyr2  Icon User is online

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

Welcome to our forum mshow. I hope you are have installed PHP locally to your computer along with apache to serve them. This will help you program in PHP without needing to connect to a host online for testing. At least that way you can still do development even if your Internet connection is limited.

But anyways, thanks for introducing yourself and hope things are going well. Let us know if you need anything by starting a thread and asking a question.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +