4 Replies - 10755 Views - Last Post: 16 August 2013 - 06:42 AM

#1 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Get to know your .NET forum leaders..

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

Everyone,

I wanted to drop a little note about myself as a new forum leader. I am a Nebraskan.. near 30ish years old... and have been programming for quite some time. For a paycheck - say about seven years... unofficially fifteenish years. Most of that time has been in .NET with a smattering of Java and PHP here or there.

I really started in computers back when I wanted to play Doom (1) on my mom's work PC (486 Packard Bell!). I was forced to figure out how to alter the autobat and configs to get the game to work properly. That was.. what? Good ol' DOS 6.2?

From there I became the resident 'fixer' of the friends and family. I got my own PC (Gateway 133mhz!) with a 1.9gb hard drive. I swore I could hear an echo because it was so freaking large. I did quite a bit of QBASIC and batch programming (securing my Boyscout Computer merit badge!) and then moved to a free copy of Borland Turbo C++ from a family friend who got it at work.

I graduated from the University of Nebraska - Omaha with a Comp Sci degree and a Native American minor. (Yeah long story - but my years of high school policy debate required me to vent on the soft-studies kids.)

I enjoy tinkering with programs at home, I finally got a new job so it'll be for a paycheck again (I was laid off), and futzing with my digital artwork.

If you have any specific questions let me know!

This post has been edited by modi123_1: 07 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Get to know your .NET forum leaders..

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Get to know your .NET forum leaders..

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:27 AM

Hey, it's great to do a huge thing from a simple idea ...and u did ...so if u can post for me from where did u begin at 1st...and this is my email account : <Removed> hope w can communicate...

This post has been edited by macosxnerd101: 16 September 2011 - 06:38 AM
Reason for edit:: Email removed per site policy. Please keep all work via the forums

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:37 AM

@leibesgott - what?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Master(Of Foo)
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

Awesome work. So now when they say "Take me to your leader"-alien voice, I will now exactly where to go - lol!!!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:42 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 04 December 2010 - 01:46 PM, said:

Everyone,

I wanted to drop a little note about myself as a new forum leader. I am a Nebraskan.. near 30ish years old... and have been programming for quite some time. For a paycheck - say about seven years... unofficially fifteenish years. Most of that time has been in .NET with a smattering of Java and PHP here or there.

I really started in computers back when I wanted to play Doom (1) on my mom's work PC (486 Packard Bell!). I was forced to figure out how to alter the autobat and configs to get the game to work properly. That was.. what? Good ol' DOS 6.2?

From there I became the resident 'fixer' of the friends and family. I got my own PC (Gateway 133mhz!) with a 1.9gb hard drive. I swore I could hear an echo because it was so freaking large. I did quite a bit of QBASIC and batch programming (securing my Boyscout Computer merit badge!) and then moved to a free copy of Borland Turbo C++ from a family friend who got it at work.

I graduated from the University of Nebraska - Omaha with a Comp Sci degree and a Native American minor. (Yeah long story - but my years of high school policy debate required me to vent on the soft-studies kids.)

I enjoy tinkering with programs at home, I finally got a new job so it'll be for a paycheck again (I was laid off), and futzing with my digital artwork.

If you have any specific questions let me know!

Hi modi,
I'm a newbie here and also a Nebraskan. I went to UNO for comp science and graduated on May 2001. Very nice to see you here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1