• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

120 Replies - 3908 Views - Last Post: 08 December 2010 - 10:30 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Do you think Aliens exist?

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:55 AM

Or just any other form of life somewhere there in the univers? There HAS to be SOMETHING right? Yet most people would think you're completely mad for even mentioning something like this..

What you say? :alien2:
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Do you think Aliens exist?

• or something bad...real bad.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Do you think Aliens exist?

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:58 AM

chances are the universe is teaming with life. most people who reject this viewpoint are those who have agendas we will only briefly mention here because it makes their vagina's hurt.

Two recent discoveries will help to substantiate this claim.

1.) The number of stars in the universe is almost x3 what was originally thought to exist (shit tons of red giants) This means that the estimated number of inhabitable planets has ideally been increased three fold.

2.) Turns out life is really good at adapting to its environment (recent discovery of life substituting arsenic into its DNA) Who knows how much this increases the likelihood of life in the universe. probably shit tons.

EDIT: Also, abiogenesis (which was originally thought to be complete bullshit) is a completely viable theory when it comes to the beginning of life. Turns out the Miller-Urey experiment produced 22 (TWENTY FUCKING TWO) fundamental amino acids; the building blocks of life. With simple and practical pre-conditions (in all likelihood exhibited on this very planet some 200 million years ago). In fact the pre conditions assumed in the experiment were a "safe" estimate and in all likelihood more amino acids could have been formed to spawn life.

Now show me the evidence for intelligent design and then go fuck yourself because your pseudo-philosophical bullshit for how you got here is retarded and baseless in comparison to scientific explanation. kthnx.

it should no longer be considered virtuous to respect the outrageous viewpoints of people who base their reality on the teachings of 2000 year old desert dwellers. What the fuck else in your life is based on 2000 year old, archaic world views? The burden of proof is on those assholes and them alone. Until they are able to produce a decent body of evidence otherwise, they should be treated just like any other lunatic fuck on the planet: scorned and pitied (and, ideally, rendered unable to breed).

one day you are going to die at which point you will be gone forever. you have no purpose. the probability of your existence is remote (i.e. fucking amazingly beautiful). this is it. make the best of it. get over it. (?????. profit.)

</rant>

TL;DR: Fuck religion. I want ice cream.

This post has been edited by Dark_Nexus: 06 December 2010 - 03:41 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:19 AM

:glare: I know what you mean.. THOSE people.

Attached you will find a graphical representation of earths short commings created in paint..

//okay just gimme a sec I'll show that now.

Ha! there you go.. (I did it yay)

.. man I'm fucking retarted

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Dean_Grobler: 06 December 2010 - 03:13 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• If at first you donít succeed, call it version 1.0
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:38 AM

The universe is a vast place...
Check this out it gives you a bit of a perspective of the scale of the universe..

The chance of the existence of other life forms is a good possibility..

But if you say aliens like the ones movies have shown us.. Well the chances of those are slim..

And as dean shows up there.. The things in the universe we can see are limited..

This post has been edited by biggerB: 06 December 2010 - 04:39 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professional Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:50 AM

are we talking legal or illegal?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professional Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:56 AM

View PostDark_Nexus, on 06 December 2010 - 02:58 AM, said:

chances are the universe is teaming with life. most people who reject this viewpoint are those who have agendas we will only briefly mention here because it makes their vagina's hurt.

1.) The number of stars in the universe is almost x3 what was originally thought to exist (shit tons of red giants) This means that the estimated number of inhabitable planets has ideally been increased three fold.

2.) Turns out life is really good at adapting to its environment (recent discovery of life substituting arsenic into its DNA) Who knows how much this increases the likelihood of life in the universe. probably shit tons.

EDIT: Also, abiogenesis (which was originally thought to be complete bullshit) is a completely viable theory when it comes to the beginning of life. Turns out the Miller-Urey experiment produced 22 (TWENTY FUCKING TWO) fundamental amino acids; the building blocks of life. With simple and practical pre-conditions (in all likelihood exhibited on this very planet some 200 million years ago). In fact the pre conditions assumed in the experiment were a "safe" estimate and in all likelihood more amino acids could have been formed to spawn life.

Now show me the evidence for intelligent design and then go fuck yourself because your pseudo-philosophical bullshit for how you got here is retarded and baseless in comparison to scientific explanation. kthnx.

it should no longer be considered virtuous to respect the outrageous viewpoints of people who base their reality on the teachings of 2000 year old desert dwellers. What the fuck else in your life is based on 2000 year old, archaic world views? The burden of proof is on those assholes and them alone. Until they are able to produce a decent body of evidence otherwise, they should be treated just like any other lunatic fuck on the planet: scorned and pitied (and, ideally, rendered unable to breed).

one day you are going to die at which point you will be gone forever. you have no purpose. the probability of your existence is remote (i.e. fucking amazingly beautiful). this is it. make the best of it. get over it. (?????. profit.)

</rant>

That's a whole bunch of coulda's and shoulda's to then be putting down anyone else's thoughts on the subject. Almost sounds like someone just came up with something that sounds semi-legitimite in order to show there are other possibilities than intelligent design but doesn't have any real proof that that is how things actually happened. Now I'm not saying life couldn't have started just as you say, I just don't see why life couldn't have been designed to start that way.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Sum over All Paths
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:02 AM

I don't see why not. It's really impossible to be definite at this point in time, but I believe the odds are with those that believe in the possibility.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:03 AM

Possible, yes. The universe is a big place. Probable, still yes. I hear Carl Sagan in my head, "billions and billions of stars..."

Chances such beings would visit us with anal probe at the ready to abuse lonely farmers' livestock and corn fields, no so much.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:32 AM

View PostDean_Grobler, on 06 December 2010 - 09:19 AM, said:

Attached you will find a graphical representation of earths short commings created in paint..

Cool diagram bro.

Though what happened to all the land on the southern hemisphere?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:37 AM

If the universe is truly infinite, then all of our dumb ideas about aliens must, by definition, be true somewhere.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:37 AM

What really freaks me out are these blurry pictures you get of UFO's. The fact that they blurry already makes me question it. But even so, you still can't help feeling a bit disturbed when you look at them. Is it because it's something almost "unreal", alien, unknown. Or because you don't know how a saucer shaped piece of steel can fly..hmmm.

If say all the "proof" out there was fake, maybe 2% of that really is legit. But who knows, with all the cons out there, you cant defferentiate between the people that needs to get a life cons and the people that really does have something..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:47 AM

View Postgabehabe, on 06 December 2010 - 04:32 AM, said:

View PostDean_Grobler, on 06 December 2010 - 09:19 AM, said:

Cool diagram bro.

Though what happened to all the land on the southern hemisphere?

I admire your attention to detail and interest. The missing land in the Southern part of the hemisphere can be debated. Although most experts would say that the screen shot I have used from one of NASAS satelites (sfx128) in my graphical representation was millions if not billions of years old when all land masses were indeed, one land mass known as Pangaea. Others argue that given the curve of space and the poor quality of the cameras on the satelite, that an UPP (Unexplained Photographic Phenomemon) occured resulting in the missing land mass..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 私もクールです

• View blog

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:50 AM

View PostDark_Nexus, on 06 December 2010 - 02:58 AM, said:

*snip

It is sad that most people who would reject this viewpoint are christian because christianity doesn't preclude the existence of life elsewhere.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Leafiest of the Leif's
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:55 AM

As you all know, we are all built on one of 6 elements: Oxygen, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Phosphorous, Suplhur or Carbon.

Recently, in the poisonous 'mono lake' in california (i think it was that), NASA discovered a new life form that is completely genetically different to us, sharing absolutely none of our DNA bases. Whats more scary: It's Arsenic based. Scientists have theorized this to be completely impossible, arsenic should KILL us. However, this thing is arsenic based, and is living - they checked :P

It's only a bacterium, but thats not the point - ARSENIC, it shouldn't be able to survive.

Maybe you do/don't consider it alien, but it does raise the question: Are aliens already among us?

View PostDark_Nexus, on 06 December 2010 - 01:58 AM, said:

</rant>

Dammit, he beat me too it. Should really read things properly :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:08 AM

Well the theory goes that if the universe is infinite, then everything imaginable must exist somewhere, provided it obeys the laws of physics. I think it would be foolish to think that this is the only planet out of an infinite number that has spawned life.

BUT, are aliens hanging out in trailer parks anally probing drunken hillbillies late at night? I seriously doubt it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »