3 Replies - 11137 Views - Last Post: 08 December 2010 - 08:46 AM

#1 Dormilich  Icon User is online

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Get to know your Forum Leaders

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:35 AM

this is where the Javascript Forum Leaders (a.k.a. the ones that are so crazy/passionate/<insert-adjective-here> about the world’s most misunderstood and the world’s most widespread programming language (in short: Javascript)) will make a step forward and say hello to you.

Dormilich

hello, I go by the name of Bertold von Dormilich and I’m coming from good ole* Germany. I have been making my first website about ten years ago (and I’m glad that it is offline now). When I coded my first snippet of Javascript, it sure was one of the worst ones I coded, but back then (just when the BW I was about to come to an end) I didn’t know better.

Meanwhile I have taken a liking to Javascript as it is a very nice object oriented language (despite some drawbacks (including IE)) which does make coding easy once you understand how it works (well, technically that is true for every programming language …)

* - in fact, new Germany would be more accurate, but it doesn‘t fit the saying

Martyr2

Hello everyone, I go by the name of Martyr2 and I am American even though I live in Vancouver Canada. I have been programming for over 13 years and have worked as a programmer in many industries. Some of my experience includes appliance retail software, the travel industry where I was responsible for over 170+ websites world-wide and just recently transferred over to a hot tech company doing communication software. I consider this job a bit of a "think tank" because of the free reign I am given to explore programming concepts. The last few years I have focused on system/algorithm design, best practices and general programming theory.

Who can't develop sites without their fair share of Javascript? I have been doing JS for years and been working heavily with the jQuery framework to create all sorts of new tools and gadgets. I have made slide shows, collapsible menu systems, advertising scripts and more.

I am glad to be one of the forum leaders, along with Dormilich, and hope that we can certainly answer all your questions related to both beginner and complex scripts. :)/>

laytonsdad
Hello everyone, I am a husband and father as well as a developer. I enjoy helping and passing on knowledge. I am very interested in Javascript development as I have been following the rapid change of the language since the year 2000. I will do my best to keep new javascript discussions going and help to get news of javascript libraries and new javascript features as I find them.

I am also a mentor at my local college for new Web Development students, and have done 4 classes on Web Development and Programming with PHP. I enjoy helping others and look forward to discussions.

This post has been edited by laytonsdad: 01 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Get to know your Forum Leaders

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Get to know your Forum Leaders

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:38 AM

Hello, my name is Matthias and I suppose I am a leader in this Javascript forum, having been a member of DIC for months, and being subscribed to this forum via RSS.

I live in Virginia, in the US. I'm currently 19 and studying web design at Liberty University. Currently, I am the webmaster for the Student Government Association.

It all started for me with a book: HTML for Dummies, which my Dad bought for me. That was around 2004. Back when I had a MySpace, I was one of the jerks who phished people's passwords :). I suppose that, like you Dormilich, it's in my nature to hack.

I like to make UserScripts and I'm currently learning about HTML5 and the canvas element. I'm studying Java as well, and I really like that language.

For development I use Notepad++, Opera, Firefox, Firebug, Aptana Studio, and PortableApps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Dormilich  Icon User is online

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:42 AM

View Postforest51690, on 08 December 2010 - 03:38 PM, said:

Hello, my name is Matthias and I suppose I am a leader in this Javascript forum, having been a member of DIC for months, and being subscribed to this forum via RSS.

Unfortunately your assumption is wrong. Forum Leaders are denoted by the Forum Leader Badge.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:46 AM

Thanks for the intro Dormilich!

Forest, Dormilich has been appointed a forum leader. That's not to say you can't be a forum leader some day, but Dormilich is correct, the forum leader is a badge and comes with additional privileges and responsibilities.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1