3 Replies - 5814 Views - Last Post: 14 December 2010 - 07:25 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Running VB 6 program on Windows 7 computer

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

I have created a VB 6 program that runs fine on my XP machines. When I have my customers install this on their new Windows 7 system they get a strange message box that has not explanation and is mostly just a blank box. If they select the program and run it as the administrator it runs just fine. I have had this happen also on a Vista computer also but usually it works ok. This makes it difficult for them to use a desktop icon. Any ideas would be helpful

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Running VB 6 program on Windows 7 computer

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Running VB 6 program on Windows 7 computer

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

I have a VB 6.0 program that runs perfectly in all previous versions of windows before Windows 7. We use ADO and when we do a print preview to show a Data Report, the report looks fine but when we close it, the previous form now looks like a picture negative except for one button. When we then move the cursor over the form the controls return as the cursor passes over them. So if you don't know where the close button is you have to run the mouse all over the form until you find it to close that form. This happens on every form and it only happens in Windows 7. This program has been running for many years on all previous version with no problems at all and now any unfortunate customer who upgrades (and I use that term loosely) gets this bug. Does anyone have any suggestions other than to rewrite it in C#. Thanks,
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

A little difficult to say really....I have VB6 programs running on Win7 fine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:25 AM

It wasn't really necessary to give me a negative update on my post was it??

The point I was trying to make, is you asked a generic question and I was pointing out that it isn't just a VB6 issue in general, as I have VB6 programs running on Win7 without the issues you're trying to describe.

The fact you've not posted any code or screen shots, does make it kind of difficult to say what the problem could be, making my original post a valid one.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1