3 Replies - 1152 Views - Last Post: 15 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Your Most Interesting Project

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:57 AM

Throughout your programming career you'll have a bunch of mundane projects that you'll be thrilled to be done with and eager to forget. But every so often (hopefully more often than not) you get to work on something really interesting. Sometimes it stands out because it's never been done before, or you learned a new trick and changed how you look at programming, or maybe you just think it's cool and that's that.
Let's hear about it!

For myself, I'm currently working on a TIFF image viewing project in Java that allows the user to open up multi-page TIFF files, perform manipulations on them (scale, crop, rotate, zoom, invert colors, etc) and select areas to OCR content to the clipboard for use in other applications. What makes this project stand out for me is that it's my first large-scale project, that I've had to design on my own from scratch. Also, because I'm working with large TIFF files, I'm using the Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) library, and it feels like quite an accomplishment to have been able to figure out how to use it. It's also prompted me to learn quite a bit about graphics and image processing in general.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Your Most Interesting Project

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Your Most Interesting Project

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:51 PM

I've never gotten paid any amount of money by a company to bypass security features put in by renegade programmers.

Ever.

& if I had, I certainly wouldn't post about it.

But if I did, that would have been my favorite project. I probably would have disassembled & nop'ed it. Theoretically speaking, if such things ever happened. But they didn't.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:48 PM

Tiff's?? That's like the first image format I ever saw.

For me, My favorite project has been my invention.
Aquaoptics, Fiber Optic Aquarium Fixtures.

Working on my cars is fun to, but that's one of those never ending projects.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

Probably my recently multi-protocol IRC bot, sexpbot. Not nearly as trivial as it looks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1