2 Replies - 13255 Views - Last Post: 15 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

I have two domain names but only one has been indexed on google.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:58 PM

Hi guys. I have two domain names. They are identical except one is .com and one is .ca . The .com website was indexed on google in 2 days and is now at the top of the search results. The .ca website was never indexed. I do not know why the .ca site is not being indexed. I have included almost exactly the same metatags, i even added a robots.txt. The only difference between the site is that the .com one is just a gallery and the .ca one has an embedded pdf in it. It is very plain html. The .com one doesn't have anything special going on. Does anyone have any suggestions i should try?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I have two domain names but only one has been indexed on google.

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I have two domain names but only one has been indexed on google.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:06 PM

You have to be careful having two domains with the same text. Google doesn't know (or as far as I know, doesn't care) that you own both of them. They will both get hit with negative SEO value for duplicate content.

What I did was use one site to specifically target SEO, & just ignored everything else in robots.txt in the others.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: I have two domain names but only one has been indexed on google.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

Oh they have completely different content. There isnt a sentance in one with simmilar lines which is why im stumped.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1