php encryption and problems.

Having issues with setting up a proper Encryption.

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 1961 Views - Last Post: 26 December 2010 - 07:40 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

php encryption and problems.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:49 AM

Hi everyone, I'm running a 'Apache' via localhost, and I'm into php self-decryption. I always wondered if you can encrypt it in different types so that it cannot be decrypt. My actual point is that I have found a website "Here" that can encrypt your php code. When ever i change "Hello World" to even "Hello" and Obfuscate Code, when I test it I always end up with an error, which is "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting T_STRING in C:\xampp\htdocs\Test.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 1" I don't understand the problem, I need to know what else php can decode, for example "base64, strrev, str_rot13, ireegf, rqbprq_46rfno, rgnysavmt, ynir, gzinflate, $_F=__FILE__;$_X=, unserialize" are ones that can self-decode via php. I just need someone briefly explaining this to me if its a server-side thing or not. I never was a php developer and don't know much about it, so please don't go harsh on me. Thanks

Regards,

This post has been edited by sLyG0N: 22 December 2010 - 07:56 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: php encryption and problems.

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: php encryption and problems.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

If you want encryption which is very hard to decrypt use Ioncube. Basically all encryptions are decryptable, also if you want to store some info I would use md5 function, it's seriously hard to decrypt.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:57 PM

View PostJannuBl22t, on 22 December 2010 - 10:41 PM, said:

If you want encryption which is very hard to decrypt use Ioncube. Basically all encryptions are decryptable, also if you want to store some info I would use md5 function, it's seriously hard to decrypt.

yeah I agree with you since md5 is a high-level encryption method.. you may use also sha1 function because unlike md5(which is a 128-bit encryption), sha1 uses 164-bit encryption but I don't know the drawbacks behind these function... :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:00 AM

md5 isn't encryption. You can md5 a file to verify that when a file is downloaded, the md5 hashes match. You can't take an md5 hash & get a file out of it ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:54 AM

View PostJannuBl22t, on 22 December 2010 - 10:41 PM, said:

How does Ioncube work though, do you need an additional file, or can php decrypt itself in a single file. I've just heard about Zend Guard and Ion Cube.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:40 PM

Ok, I got an idea. What happens if we encrypt a php, and to Decrypt it you need to place a secret "KEY" so what we could do is, make a submit form that's not encrypted in the php file, and a textbox where we write our secret key, once we enter submit the key rewrites itself to its self, in the decryption key needed part for temporary and would delete after use or after a certain time. Hmm, then once we have access to it others would have access at the same time. Could we set the submit form only seen to me, so it only shows it if its matching with my IP address. Is this possible?

Here you can find something similar that needs a Key to to decrypt it. "Here". The source is given too and its explained how it's done. To test the encryption click here

This post has been edited by sLyG0N: 26 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1