3 Replies - 421 Views - Last Post: 26 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

XBOX / PC

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

I've seen a lot of older posts that say that it's not worth the trouble to play xbox 360 on your laptop or pc. Is this still the case? Or has microsoft eased up a bit? I mean it's all microsoft...No?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: XBOX / PC

• Born again Pastafarian.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: XBOX / PC

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

I've seen a lot of older posts that say that it's not worth the trouble to play xbox 360 on your laptop or pc.

I assume you're talking about playing games that are ported to both the Xbox 360 and PC, right? You certainly can't play games designed for the 360 on your PC, so i'll assume that was your meaning.

I think it's well worth playing games for the PC that are also out for the 360, especially on MS Windows, since GPU vendors like ATI and Nvidea are creating drivers for there very powerful graphics cards, which arguably go far beyond the limits of the 360. I think that the only hassel is the installation, and maybe the hackers (online), apart from that, I prefer PC gaming to Console.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 creativecoding  Icon User is online

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:46 PM

Do not understand. Playing xbox games on your pc? That's just stupid. However, hooking up all of your game devices into your monitor is awesome.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

No, you cannot play Xbox 360 games on PC. There is no emulation layer developed for this. Besides, Xbox 360 is based on a proprietary hardware architecture that will automatically invalidate your computer as an emulation candidate due to performance requirements. At least for now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1