2 Replies - 504 Views - Last Post: 28 December 2010 - 07:39 AM

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Digital Performance Eyewear

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

Anybody use these, or tried them? I'd be interested to give them a go, but not for $79 starting with no recommendations.

http://www.gunnars.com/index.html

I don't really get headaches or eye fatigue, but I do get some serious dry-eye after staring at the monitor for a while, and I wonder what the next 20 years will do to my eyes. I guess on the other hand, LCD and LED monitors are much easier on the eyes than the old CRT's so maybe it's possible that you can sit in front of one your whole life and not wreck your eyes. Thoughts?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Digital Performance Eyewear

• or something bad...real bad.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Digital Performance Eyewear

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

I don't believe there is any scientific evidence that suggests computer screens damage your eyes. Most problems users encounter while using a computer can be mitigated or resolved simply by taking a quick break or adjusting the ergonomics of their setup.

This post has been edited by Dark_Nexus: 27 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Digital Performance Eyewear

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:39 AM

I always thought it was generally accepted that the constant refreshing of CRTs was a strain on the eyes. Like I said, I think LCDs and LEDs are a lot better, but they're still reasonably new so we don't really know what sitting in front of one for a couple of decades can do.

I'm kinda surprised that with all the tech geeks and gamers here none of us has tried these things out yet.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1