1 Replies - 549 Views - Last Post: 28 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help in Frames and tables

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:32 AM

Hi everyone!! .. i used frames to open some links in the left side of the screen and when you click on the link it opens on the other page in the right by using the target attribute.

and also tables can be used to divide the html page into different pages but what i want to know is if i can make a table in the left side and put all the links in that place and when i want to open a link in the left column and open it in the right .. how do i do that?
Thank you for reading this and thank you more if you helped me :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help in Frames and tables

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help in Frames and tables

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

Well you can't show two separate HTML files in one window with just tables. Now you could load HTML into a <div> tag using javascript (Ajax in particular), but it can be a bit cumbersome to write all that out without something like a Javascript framework like jQuery.

So you have a few choices here. Use the frames like you have there, which is typically discouraged, or you could use an <iframe> to insert a separate frame element into the page, little better but still not great, or simply make a static menu on the left that you include into all your pages (so that when you update it, you update it in one place) and then create various static pages you load individually (which is typically nicer for visitors).

If you are using a server side language to code up your pages, look for the mechanism to include one file into another (PHP uses include()/require(), ASP uses #include, and ASP.NET can use Response.WriteFile)

But simple tables alone cannot include two HTML pages into one. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1