Encrypt a binary to string for EncryptedPIDL in vc++

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 4592 Views - Last Post: 30 December 2010 - 03:38 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:47 PM

Hi All,

Its a bit urgent, this forum has helped me many a times. This time also i want a help.

I am doing a program in which we are changing the Photoscreensaver settings in windows OS. Ihave able to successfully decrypt the registry value from "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Photo Viewer\Slideshow\Screensaver + EncryptedPIDL" using CryptStringToBinary now i want to encrypt a string programatically suppose for example "C:\\Mypic" and write it programmatically in the above described registry. Problem is that i am not able to encrypt it in proper order to write it there.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nikhil.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Encrypt a binary to string for EncryptedPIDL in vc++

• void main'ers are DOOMED
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Encrypt a binary to string for EncryptedPIDL in vc++

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:12 AM

A brief search of the web reveals
http://social.techne...f7-3d3904438fbb

Though it beggars belief that you could figure out how to decode something without at the same time figuring out how to encode something.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Encrypt a binary to string for EncryptedPIDL in vc++

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:38 AM

Hi,
Thnx for ur help, I have looked at the forum before and the method cryptbinarytostring doesnt directly give the encrypted path to be able to write in registry and work.

I had a look at another forum "http://www.ms-windows.info/Help/windows-photo-screensaver-settings-19334.aspx" which revels the method for decrypt the registry value which i followed and was succedde. Now i want the reverse of it to encrypt them using cryptbinarytostring and other pidl function.

Thanks,
Nikhil.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1