PS3 vs. XBOX360

The battle of the century

• (2 Pages)
  • +

21 Replies - 1402 Views - Last Post: 10 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

Poll: PS3 vs. XBOX360 (13 member(s) have cast votes)

PS3 vs. XBOX360

1. PS3 (6 votes [46.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. XBOX360 (7 votes [53.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

PS3 vs. XBOX360

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:42 AM

We all know that there are two gigantic companies, making two gigantic next-gen(eration) consoles for your viewing and playing pleasure.

Of course, there has to be pros and cons to both. So why don't I post mine, you post yours, and we can collaborate on which one is better, and why.

PS3
I might have a little bias here... I love the PS3

Posted Image

PROS:
  • Free internet
  • Internet browser
  • Easy interface
  • A lot less maintenance
  • NO RED RING OF DEATH

CONS:
  • Smaller online community
  • Limited on games
  • Sometimes bad ports

XBOX 360
I don't know enough to give a good report.

Posted Image

PROS:
  • Gigantic online community
  • Amazing hi-def first person shooters

CONS:
  • Ventilation problems (RROD)
  • (PERSONALLY) Dislike the controller
  • Pay for online gaming
  • Fees for everything

Your turn you guys!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: PS3 vs. XBOX360

• Inactive
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PS3 vs. XBOX360

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:55 AM

I personally prefer the Playstation 3 Because games for it are easily available here.. Whereas to XBox 360 Games you'd have to search a little..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:54 AM

Since when is PlayStation offering free Internet? Access to PSN - maybe.

A lot less maintenance

And by that you mean what exactly?

NO RED RING OF DEATH

FYI RROD was a problem specific to a number of Xbox 360 devices based on the Falcon board. The next series, based on Jasper boards doesn't have this problem. Also, the new Xbox 360 S doesn't have this problem either. By the way, no ventilation problems at all right now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:41 AM

Yeah, RROD has been fixed I believe. I have had my xbox 360 for 2 years now I believe, and I have never had a problem with it. And the only time I've heard about when other's 360's RROD, is when they are retarded and give them no ventilation and put them on the carpet backed against the wall...

I also like the 360's games. I really like the indie games where anyone can build anything, for little or no money.

I haven't given a shot at the ps3, frankly because I don't have the money to waste on another game system. I must say that bluray is retarded. The whole thing. I do not care for it at all. In fact, I don't even buy DVD's anymore. I either watch Hulu or Netflix. I've never experienced the free PSN but it sounds like a lot of 11-year-olds are going to be talking about how they fucked my mother last night. However, you get that on every game....

And the thing with ps3/360 graphics is a joke. They are both the same. Any differences, you will have to look really closely with 200X zoom.... Besides, you won't notice anything while you play.

I also don't like ps3's controller. Hate it in fact. Why are they so unable to make a comfy controller like the xbox's?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:49 AM

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:51 AM

A lot less maintenance??? that doesnt make any sense. Every time i turn my PS3, theres another stupid update that takes 10 minutes to download and update. Then lets say I want to try out a demo. I gotta wait 20 minutes for it to download, then another 10 minutes for the dumb thing to install. On xbox, its just download and play it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:08 AM

Xbox 360. You can get set up to make games for it much more easily than you can for the PS3, the selection is more to my taste (I very much dislike anime [because I dislike any culture which enforces conformity even on creative exploits which by their nature should break away from conformity], including anime games. there are exceptions but they are few and far between). I've heard good things about both but for me personally the 360 is a better fit.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pugnacious Penguin (inspired by no2pencil)
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:59 AM

View Postbflosabre91, on 31 December 2010 - 05:51 AM, said:

A lot less maintenance??? that doesnt make any sense. Every time i turn my PS3, theres another stupid update that takes 10 minutes to download and update. Then lets say I want to try out a demo. I gotta wait 20 minutes for it to download, then another 10 minutes for the dumb thing to install. On xbox, its just download and play it.

The downloading is probably more to do with your Internet speed. On my PS3, games take about 30-60 seconds to download, and about 5mins max to install. That said, I do have 50meg fibre optic, and Virgin are testing 100meg in my area... so my broadband is pretty fast atm. Although, when you add everything up, I do like the Xbox 360, due to the fact that the community is bigger, and all my friends have it, so we can do massive death matches, etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:06 AM

i was more complaining about the ridiculous install time. download time is whatever no matter what. but what for stuff to install and to update every damn week is ridiculous. and i cant stand the controller. The joysticks directly next to each just seems really unnatural to me, but i know some people prefer it for some reason.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:08 PM

Only time I really had downloads for PS3 was when I first got it and had to update all of my software.

That's about it. Except for the occasional game updates.

Controllers aren't really a big deal.

11-year olds are on XBOX just as much as PS3.

Continue: I find your comments very interesting.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

To add onto the controllers:

I do not like how the battery pack is built into the controller for ps3. I used to game a lot (until my mom found the internet and believed everything it said) and I just kept two rechargeable battery packs. One always full. So, I never ran out of power.

To add to the Wii:

Little kids say wii instead of penis. I'm not going to play a penis.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• kitties == adorable

• View blog

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:39 AM

I didn't vote because i have all the systems and i love them all, i couldn't choose just one, they all have good things and bad things about them. @OP The xbox might have had the RROD but the ps3 had the YLOD (yellow light of death). One reason i couldn't choose between them is because each one has great exclusive games.

@creativecoding I love how the ps3 has a built in rechargeable battery, i hope all the other systems get one with the next gens.

Controllers:
Same with this, i like each controller, all three of them are cool, good, and different so i couldn't really choose.

To sum it up: I love all the consoles, same with handhelds.

This post has been edited by Alex6788: 07 January 2011 - 01:41 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:53 AM

I think the PS3 tips it for me, I always found it strange that noone really liked the original xbox ( I had one ) but then when the 360 came to market as the early HD console people bought it up. I kept saving for the PS3 and I'm glad I did, the 360 has had some great games and has a great community but I love my PS3 and its blu ray goodness :)

That said I have spent more time gaming on my DS and Wii so Nintendo rules!! I was actually about to purchase the new xbox360 slim as I now like that it doesn't look like an electric heater but remembered that the 3DS is out early this year so I'm keeping my money for that. Maybe next time Microsoft.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• kitties == adorable

• View blog

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:02 AM

View Poststayscrisp, on 07 January 2011 - 05:53 AM, said:

but remembered that the 3DS is out early this year so I'm keeping my money for that.

:D

Keep an eye on the games forum in March, i'll be getting it at midnight as soon as it comes out so i'll post here and tell you guys how much i love it, i'll include pictures too.

This post has been edited by Alex6788: 07 January 2011 - 05:03 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:51 AM

Yeah I'm pre-ordering it on Amazon as soon as its available so may get it slightly earlier than release like when pre-ordering games. What game you going to get? I'm thinking Metal Gear and OOT even thought they are both old games :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +