Scan picture into code

How to scan picture and change into code in C#

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 2993 Views - Last Post: 01 January 2011 - 02:41 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Scan picture into code

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

Happy New Year 2011 !

I have a small drug store in Indonesia, and I wish to scan the picture ( of the drug) and change into code in C#.
Can anyone help me ?!

Thanks, may God Bless You !

Best Regard,
apin
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Scan picture into code

• human.setType("geek");
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Scan picture into code

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:58 AM

You mean you wish to read the drug name and other details from the scanned picture using C#? In that case you will have to check for OCR(Optical Character Recognition). Microsoft has OCR capabilities built in to Office 2007 system and you can make use of it, I suggest you check out this article Using The Office 2007 OCR Component in C# also there are many 3rd party APIs which you can check such as
Asprise OCR for C#.net

Good luck and happy new year :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:36 AM

View Postayman_mastermind, on 01 January 2011 - 12:58 AM, said:

You mean you wish to read the drug name and other details from the scanned picture using C#? In that case you will have to check for OCR(Optical Character Recognition). Microsoft has OCR capabilities built in to Office 2007 system and you can make use of it, I suggest you check out this article Using The Office 2007 OCR Component in C# also there are many 3rd party APIs which you can check such as
Asprise OCR for C#.net

Good luck and happy new year :)

Thanks for Help !

What I really want to do is just to compare the new scanned picture with the saved one in the table. ( With the scanner or web cam )
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• human.setType("geek");
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:41 AM

Oh now I get what you mean, there is this code snippet in C# http://www.dreaminco...snippet2859.htm it should be helpful for what you are trying to do although both images have to be exactly the same for the matching to work. You can find a more detailed tutorial here http://www.codeproje...ringimages.aspx Good luck :)
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1