1 Replies - 655 Views - Last Post: 01 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Form Validation

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:58 AM

Hello,

I wasn't sure if this should go in the request a tutorial or not, cause im hoping to find a free pre build script I can maybe tweek a bit but what I am looking for is a form validation script that checks text boxes, drop down boxes etc just that something is filled in. and when the user clicks on the submit button any field that has not been filled in it will turn the description of the field to the left red and put a message above the submit button that sais (one or more of the fields are still empty)..

I have been through javascripts.com and javascript.internet.com and cannot find any free ones that do this, I tried to alter a couple of them but unfortunatly my javascripting is very lacking and I just messed it all up, I know it has something to do with using CSS but I cannot get the css to change the fields.

anyway, if someone knows of a place where something close to this is i would very much appreciate any help.

Thanks
Bob

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Form Validation

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Form Validation

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

The things that you want in your form probably can be best done using a jQuery plugin. One of the plugin you can use for form validation is here
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1