2 Replies - 1025 Views - Last Post: 05 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Problem viewing internal website externally

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:11 AM

My company uses a software to manage and collect data for equipment. They have a dedicated server to host the software and an internal website that shows all of this data. Though it is an internal website, it can be accessed externally. The website displays data by taking a snapshot of the data from the software and displaying it as a jpeg. It refreshes itself every 30 seconds or so.

Here's the problem:
When viewing the website externally, the jpeg that shows the data doesn't show because for some reason the webpage thinks you are viewing the site internally, therefore it is trying to pull the image from an internal directory, I think.
Now I am familiar with HTML but not with javascript, and the site uses javascript to pull the snapshot image on to the webpage everytime it refreshes.

Here's javascript:
<script language="Javascript"> 
<!--
<!--
function MM_reloadPage(init) {  //reloads the window if Nav4 resized
  if (init==true) with (navigator) {if ((appName=="Netscape")&&(parseInt(appVersion)==4)) {
    document.MM_pgW=innerWidth; document.MM_pgH=innerHeight; onresize=MM_reloadPage; }}
  else if (innerWidth!=document.MM_pgW || innerHeight!=document.MM_pgH) location.reload();
}
MM_reloadPage(true);
// -->

function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01
  var p,i,x;  if(!d) d=document; if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {
    d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}
  if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++) x=d.forms[i][n];
  for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers[i].document);
  if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;
}

function MM_showHideLayers() { //v3.0
  var i,p,v,obj,args=MM_showHideLayers.arguments;
  for (i=0; i<(args.length-2); i+=3) if ((obj=MM_findObj(args[i]))!=null) { v=args[i+2];
    if (obj.style) { obj=obj.style; v=(v=='show')?'visible':(v='hide')?'hidden':v; }
    obj.visibility=v; }
}
//-->
</script>

Like I said I am not familiar with javascript at all so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Problem viewing internal website externally

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Problem viewing internal website externally

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:25 AM

from this old and outdated code (unless you really use NN4) I canít see anything related to an image.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Problem viewing internal website externally

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

Yeah I know that this software is pretty outdated.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1