flash into css

how can i insert?

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1327 Views - Last Post: 07 January 2011 - 07:04 AM

#1 Guest_ananthi*

flash into css

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:06 AM

hello there,

i am trying to add a FLASH banner into Cascading Style Sheet file.
Can i able to do that?
if yes means please tell the way how to do that?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: flash into css

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: flash into css

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:39 AM

You will have to put the banner in HTML, preferably in a div tag. Then you can use the CSS style sheet to define the width and height of the div to match the dimensions of the banner.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: flash into css

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:04 AM

View Postananthi, on 07 January 2011 - 01:06 AM, said:

hello there,

i am trying to add a FLASH banner into Cascading Style Sheet file.
Can i able to do that?
if yes means please tell the way how to do that?

Define your banner in css. I generally create a container for everything I call an outerWrapper. This is AFTER you have set up your body and you have set up all of your tags for <h1> through <h6> and what is supposed to happen for links and so on that will be the characteristics of your website.

#outerWrapper {
  margin: 0 auto 0 auto; /* Sets the margin properties for an element using shorthand notation (top, right, bottom, left) */
  text-align: left; /* Redefines the text alignment defined by the body element. */
  width: 760px; /* This defines the width of your content and your Flash should be no wider, so if your Flash project is wider, increase this value to suit, keeping in mind that some people still have screen sizes that are no larger than 800 pixels and there is also browser chrome to consider in your total width. */
}
#outerWrapper #header {
	background-image: url("../images/background.jpg"); /*Puts an image in while your Flash loads */
	background-position: top center;
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
	font-size: 18px;
	font-weight: bold;
	height: 78px; /* Set your height to fit the height of your Flash. */
	padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; /* Sets the padding properties for an element using shorthand notation (top, right, bottom, left) */
}

In HTML, once you are past your setup in your <head> tag and in the body, you place your outerWrapper <div> at the top of your area and then you place your header inside that with your flash called within that:

<div id="outerWrapper">
  <div id="header"><!--put your Flash content here -->
</div>
<!-- rest of your website goes here -->
</div>

That should do it.

Now, I should warn you that Flash is becoming increasingly deprecated for Websites. Doesn't work in the mobile browsers, is pretty wonky and there are alternatives that use Javascript, jQuery and html5. But this can also be used for those technologies as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1