Mobile Phone - Credits Refill - Help on how it works

Credits Refill - Help on how it works (Network Technical Details)

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 1193 Views - Last Post: 13 January 2011 - 07:23 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Mobile Phone - Credits Refill - Help on how it works

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:27 AM

hello, thx for reading my topic.

I'm actually doing some research on a project and i need your help if possible to continue my research.
The research is based on the transfer of mobile phone credits to another phone using sms.

I actually lived in Mauritius, and here there are 3 fixed/mobile phone operators namely:
1. Orange in collaboration with Mauritius Telecom (i use this one)
2. Emtel Mauritius
3. MTML

There are several ways to refill our mobile phones' credits from the above 3 operators namely:

1. Postpaid - Get your monthly bill at home or at the office.
2. Prepaid cards - Buy scratch cards and insert the pin number.
3. SMS Refill - Register with our bank, send an sms on a specific number to get our credits refilled
4. Via ATM - refill our credits via ATM machine
5. Epin (for Orange its called Evoucher) - we just need to go a retailer, tell him/her how much we want to refill, we give him/her our phone number, he/she will send an SMS, our credits will be refilled with an sms confirmation.
More info:
http://www.emtel-ltd....php?category=8
6. Lastly we have easy transfer (dunno the exact name) - Person A can send his/her credits to Person B via an sms.

My research is based on Epin, i know how it works (on a top lvl view as other users), but i need some technical details in computer network jargon, like the layers, how the packets are transfered..etc

i dont know how ppl in US or Europe called this kind of service, for example, Orange Mauritius called is Evoucher here, im trying to google epin, but im not getting what im looking for. Is there a specific or standard name for this kind of service so that i continue doing my research or if anyone know how it works ?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Mobile Phone - Credits Refill - Help on how it works

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Mobile Phone - Credits Refill - Help on how it works

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:47 AM

So your plan is to figure out how to text yourself cell minutes?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:32 AM

View PostNtwiles, on 13 January 2011 - 11:47 AM, said:

So your plan is to figure out how to text yourself cell minutes?

well, to be exact, how it works?;)

i already know how to text myself minutes, but how does the Epin works, in Mauritius they just call it Epin or Evoucher, is there a standard name for this? what are the protocols do phone operator used for this kind of service?

comparing 5.Epin and 6.Easy Transfer

with Easy Transfer i just need to send an appropriate SMS, with an amount of credit, including your phone number in the text msg, then you will receive the EXACT amount of credit you asked me. (just between 2 normal users - Transfer of credits NOT buying)

with Epin , for example you want $10, u tell the retailer u want $10, u give him your phone number, he will do the rest. BUT u wont get $10 EXACTLY some percentage $10 will go for VAT. (Another way Buying Credits)

some of my friends have tried to contact phone operators just to get some technical info, but the operators don't want to give technical details. i just need some tips of proper name of this kind of service to continue my research on google in terms of computer network jargon ;)

This post has been edited by Jupiter: 13 January 2011 - 02:41 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:19 AM

What are your motives behind wanting to know how this works? I see this as asking for help in refilling your phone illegally.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:23 AM

This sounds like it has malicious, illegal, or unethical uses. Dream.in.Code does not support this.

Thread closed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1