4 Replies - 484 Views - Last Post: 15 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

hi everyone! belle here ^_^

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:06 PM

Hi everyone!! ^_^ I'm Belle. I'm an Electronics Engineer here in the Philippines but I'm shifting career to programming. Currently, I am enrolled in Software Development course which I started just this semester. I already finished a short course program in Java and is now studying C, C++, VB and ado.net :) I wanna learn how to make games in the soonest possible time because I'm already turning 26 and it's only now that I'm shifting career @_@
I've learned that some programmers here are only 12 years old when they started. Gosh! I envy you ;) though I know envy's not good.heheh. :) Now I wonder what programming language is best for creating games?? anyway, nice to meet you everyone :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: hi everyone! belle here ^_^

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: hi everyone! belle here ^_^

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:45 PM

Welcome to </dream-in-code> Belle! I hope that you get the most out of your programming experience here! Don't be afraid to ask questions on language/topic specific forums. If you happen to place a topic in the wrong forum, moderators will gladly move it to the appropriate forum.

There is a policy here at DIC that you show an effort in your troubles, meaning that if you have a problem with your code, you must post that code in your post. Also, when posting code, please be sure to put that code in between
[ code ] [ /code ] tags (without the spaces in the tags).

As with choosing a language for game programming, it's really up to where you want your game to be distributed and how fast. Here is a good topic that should help you choose.

I hope you enjoy your stay here at </dream-in-code>!

This post has been edited by heyoman1: 15 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• kitties == adorable

• View blog

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

Hey blueberry85, welcome to </Dream.In.Code>

I started when i was 11, ha ha. Don't worry, lots of people start at your age and over :) I'm learning C++ and i want to start making games also, if you want to make games i suggest C++ but Java and C# are good too. There's a good game programming library for C++ (might also be for java, not sure) called SDL, there are a ton of great tutorials for it, one is by lazyfoo: http://www.lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/ and another is by stayscrisp (he's a member here) For C# XNA is great, you can make games for the computer, zune, and xbox 360 (you have to pay a fee i think for the 360 but not that much) using the XNA game programming library for C#.

I hope you are successful with your career shift and that you enjoy the site :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

Welcome, blueberry85! look forward to seeing you in the Game Programming forum. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

to all : Thanks for your suggestions guys :) Maybe i'll focus more on c++ and java but i also wanna learn c# ^_^

@Alex6788 : I've checked lazyfoo.net. The site's great. Thanks :) Now I realized that I really still need to learn a whole lot before I can create my very first game. he he ^_^ Stuff at school are still the basic so I better start my own research as well. :)

BTW, this site's cool. I'm learning. I guess it's better than fb. hehe ^_^
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1