Page 1 of 1

Creating Professional Gradient Typography Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

In this tutorial I will teach you how to create some professional looking gradient typography. This typography is subtle and uses minimalistic ideals and small details to bring the entire piece together. I will be using Photoshop CS4 for this tutorial.

First off, lets start with a 640px x 480px canvas.

Take your favorite professional SANS-SERIF* font. Pick the one that fits in best with whatever artwork/graphic design/website you are using this for. Never.. EVER USE COMIC SANS!!. I am going to be using Myriad Pro, write out the text you need, and make it whatever size you need it to be.
Posted Image
Next we are going to add our Blending Options. So right-click on your text layer and select blending-options. Then add the following effects.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

These are basic effects that can be applied to almost anything (except PARAGRAPHS) that can make almost any web design look professionally made. My final result looks like this:
Posted Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 4
  • +

Replies To: Creating Professional Gradient Typography

• Changed Man With Different Priorities
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:03 AM

that's sexy =D

how about a 3-D one
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

Simple and effective, especially with the pictures. However, it would be even better if the tutorial was interactive like with a video and a real-time explanation on what people should be doing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

nice
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostLazerKittenz, on 18 January 2011 - 03:07 AM, said:

In this tutorial I will teach you how to create some professional looking gradient typography. This typography is subtle and uses minimalistic ideals and small details to bring the entire piece together. I will be using Photoshop CS4 for this tutorial.

First off, lets start with a 640px x 480px canvas.

Take your favorite professional SANS-SERIF* font. Pick the one that fits in best with whatever artwork/graphic design/website you are using this for. Never.. EVER USE COMIC SANS!!. I am going to be using Myriad Pro, write out the text you need, and make it whatever size you need it to be.
Posted Image
Next we are going to add our Blending Options. So right-click on your text layer and select blending-options. Then add the following effects.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

These are basic effects that can be applied to almost anything (except PARAGRAPHS) that can make almost any web design look professionally made. My final result looks like this:
Posted Image

Very effective, good work.

~huzi
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1