5 Replies - 3533 Views - Last Post: 19 January 2011 - 07:09 AM Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_CathyT*

Need help adding items to listview c#

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:30 AM

Hello, I'm pretty new to programming in c#. I'm trying to make a program that will allow the user to add items to a listview. For example, I have a listview with 2 columns. First column is the name of the project they are working on and second column is number of hours they've spent working on the project. So, I'm trying to figure out if I should have them enter the project name into a text box then have them enter the number of hours into a second text box? Then add them into the listview that way. Is there a better way that I could have the user enter the items and add them into the listview?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: Need help adding items to listview c#

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need help adding items to listview c#

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:24 AM

Right on the manual page is an example.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:22 AM

So, I'm trying to figure out if I should have them enter the project name into a text box then have them enter the number of hours into a second text box? Then add them into the listview that way. Is there a better way that I could have the user enter the items and add them into the listview?

So you basically asking "How should I lay out my GUI for the user?" is that right?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 Guest_CathyT*

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

View PosttlhIn, on 18 January 2011 - 08:22 AM, said:

So, I'm trying to figure out if I should have them enter the project name into a text box then have them enter the number of hours into a second text box? Then add them into the listview that way. Is there a better way that I could have the user enter the items and add them into the listview?

So you basically asking "How should I lay out my GUI for the user?" is that right?

Yeah, pretty much. I guess I'm just trying to figure out the best way to get this information from the user so that I can stick it into the listview.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:53 PM

I think I would create a button on the Main form to Add a Project, which when clicked would pop up a new modal form with a TextBox for the project name and a NumericUpDown control for the hours. When the OK button was clicked the new entry would be added to the ListBox on the Main form.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:09 AM

View PostJackOfAllTrades, on 19 January 2011 - 12:53 AM, said:

I think I would create a button on the Main form to Add a Project, which when clicked would pop up a new modal form with a TextBox for the project name and a NumericUpDown control for the hours. When the OK button was clicked the new entry would be added to the ListBox on the Main form.

Now that is a good idea :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1