3 Replies - 370 Views - Last Post: 20 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

#1 Guest_Justin*

Scrambled Products on Website - Need Help

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

I have recently started working on revamping a business website for a friend of mine and things had been going pretty smoothly until now. I am now running into a problem where one specific product will repeat itself over and over under the appropriate category, but with each place that it repeats itself it shows a different price. For example, the product will repeat itself continuously over the course of many pages, but instead the product should only be displayed once with the correct price, not 50 times over and over again. In addition to a product repeating itself, the pictures are scrambled and do not show up along with the appropriate product. Another interesting thing is that when I click on the product it is then displayed with the correct price and picture. I double checked and each product is only placed once under the appropriate category using the administrator. I am not sure if this problem has anything to do with coding or not?

I have posted in a few other forums asking for help with this problem and so far I have found no assistance. Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: Scrambled Products on Website - Need Help

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Scrambled Products on Website - Need Help

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

Justin, as much as I would love to read minds, you're going to have to give us more to work with. How about a link to the offending page? What shopping cart software are you using? Have you modified it at all? When did it start happening? What changed around that time?

Help us... help you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Guest_Justin*

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

I will place the link to the website below. The featured products on the main page appear to be fine, but when a specific category is opened, the repeating problem is clearly visible. The website was infected with a virus, so I deleted the malicious files and password protected the admin of the website in hopes that this would help thwart hackers. I then backed up the database to October 18, 2010, which was before the virus occurred. I am not sure of the type of shopping cart being used, but if this information is necessary I will find out. As far as modifying goes I have not tampered with any code at all.

Here is the link to the main page:

*URL REMOVED - INFECTED WITH VIRUS*

Here is a link to one of the specific catalogs. This link will clearly show the problem of the products repeating themselves:

*URL REMOVED - INFECTED WITH VIRUS*

Thanks for your assistance.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

I removed the URLs you posted as the site is still infected with a virus. I immediately got a script execution warning from AVG when I visited the site. You may need to re-install the software from scratch and have your web host assist in clearing the virus and re-securing your account.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1