Creating a Java Puzzle Game

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 456 Views - Last Post: 22 January 2011 - 07:03 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Creating a Java Puzzle Game

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:50 AM

Hi
i am a beginner in Java, but i have to create a game using java. I already have an idea as to what type of game i want to make but i need some clue as to how i can go about doing it, the first steps and all..

Its a mini puzzle game which i found while playing Nancy Drew games :smile2: .. the game is based around alphabets.. Some selected alphabets are chosen like S, W, N and then there is a screen with the selected alphabet tiles, only they are in half. For example, the top and bottom part of S is separate, its the same with W and N too. Basically you have to move tiles around to match the alphabets to make it disappear and score points. The tiles can only move once, either diagonally, up or down to match with the other half. So its basically match the tiles to score points before time runs out..

Thats basically the gist of it. Sorry if the explanation is too confusing :sweatdrop: .. I'm a very slow learner so the time's an issue for me, that's why i'll be grateful for anyone to point me in the right direction.. Thank you !..

P.S. - I've attached a picture of the game i was referring to..

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image

This post has been edited by Astharoshe: 22 January 2011 - 05:55 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Creating a Java Puzzle Game

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Creating a Java Puzzle Game

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:03 AM

Duplicate thread closed. Please don't open duplicate threads.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1