• +
  • Last »

812 Replies - 29724 Views - Last Post: 25 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

I am a huge fan of The Elder Scrolls series and can't wait until Skyrim comes out! 11/11/11

What are features/content you would like see changed or added?

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/esv.aspx

This post has been edited by supersloth: 23 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

#2 xclite  Icon User is online

• LIKE A BOSS
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:30 AM

I haven't looked into it so this may already be address, but I hate when content levels with me. I worked hard to get an advantage, it should be useful. Having a range of possible levels in which an opponents level scales is cool, having them scale 1:1 with me is annoying.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:16 AM

Yeah I hated that about oblivion. You had to all but wait untill you were max level if you wanted to get the best versions of quest items.

Also with creatures I liked how it was in morrowind where the creature did -NOT- level with you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:22 AM

I just hope the game doesn't crash five times a second when I do anything. Then I'd be happy.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:33 AM

Cant wait.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• I don't care
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:47 AM

This is old news :P.

But anywho, I already have it pre-ordered. Looking forward to playing in the land of the Nords :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

It's confirmed that they will remove the level-scaling shit from the game. Rejoice power-levelers and pwn some highwaymen!
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

View PostSergio Tapia, on 31 January 2011 - 09:17 PM, said:

It's confirmed that they will remove the level-scaling shit from the game. Rejoice power-levelers and pwn some highwaymen!

Thumbs Up!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

link?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• spelling expret
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

Oblivion is my favorite game to date, i can't wait to see what they with Skyrim, im really pumped. i figured they would remove the level scaling becuase they already had in Fallout 3 and they didn't do it MarrowWind either. the other thing's i wan't them to focus on is making it harder to play as rouge and mage. mage was way over powered, i could make a high elf(altmer i think it was called) and choose to be born under the sign of the apprentice and i would start out with like 250 mana and could level up all my skills by sticking a coin in my keyboard then going to eat something. as for rouge if you got your illusion up just high enough with enough willpower you could stay invisible 100% and you could just keep taking sneak attacks until your target died. the whole sneaking during battle thing didn't work if there was lot's of people in witch case i use a bow. also running backwards with a bow in open land is pretty cheap if you going up against melee. needless to say i can't wait for skyrim, in the mean time ill see how Bethesda did with Brink ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:26 AM

View Postishkabible, on 01 February 2011 - 04:52 AM, said:

Oblivion is my favorite game to date, i can't wait to see what they with Skyrim, im really pumped. i figured they would remove the level scaling becuase they already had in Fallout 3 and they didn't do it MarrowWind either. the other thing's i wan't them to focus on is making it harder to play as rouge and mage. mage was way over powered, i could make a high elf(altmer i think it was called) and choose to be born under the sign of the apprentice and i would start out with like 250 mana and could level up all my skills by sticking a coin in my keyboard then going to eat something. as for rouge if you got your illusion up just high enough with enough willpower you could stay invisible 100% and you could just keep taking sneak attacks until your target died. the whole sneaking during battle thing didn't work if there was lot's of people in witch case i use a bow. also running backwards with a bow in open land is pretty cheap if you going up against melee. needless to say i can't wait for skyrim, in the mean time ill see how Bethesda did with Brink ;)

Morrowind is a really old game.. so because that game doesnt have level scaling doesn't mean that Skryim wont..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 .Aaron  Icon User is online

• Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

I've been a big fan of TES series since Morrowind, and Skyrim has always been a place I wanted to go, so I was pretty excited when I first heard about this. As for what I'd like to see changed/fixed... few things with the style of NPCs for one. The humor was funny at first, but I'd like if they were taken a bit more seriously. The stupid goofy grins are getting old. ;) That and less cookie cutout dungeons. It may mean fewer places to explore, but I'm still not doing anymore exploring then before if I don't find it worth going into the extra places. Aside from those, its late thats all that immediately comes to mind.

As to leveling and level scaling, it looks like the game is going to be picking up a few things from Fallout 3. Its been said that the level scaling will work more like that of FO3, and apparently it's getting the perks as well.

On another note, what does everyone think of the new menu system? There are a few parts I'm liking the sound of, but I think this ones going to fall under 'wait and see'.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:06 AM

I am so damn giddy over this game. If anything will pull me through the winter months and hibernate through near financial ruin this puppy will!

Release: 11/11/2011

A few hands on previews of the game... nothing but another awesome suck of my life!

http://www.eurogamer...ands-on-preview

Pretty much what I wanted to hear.

True to The Elder Scrolls series, combat felt very heavy in Skyrim. Knuckleduster's attacks came out slowly and had a definite feeling of weight behind them. But while the core mechanics of the combat didn't feel far removed from the series' predecessors, the amount of options available in battle--between all the weapons, spells, and shouts--was refreshing. Our hands-on time with Skyrim left us with the impression that Bethesda isn't trying to reinvent The Elder Scrolls formula. Instead, they're taking what was great about the previous games and adding some interesting new content on top of them.

http://www.gamespot....tml?sid=6327397

knowing that oddities like this exist in Skyrim is just as exciting as the knowledge that I'll eventually be able to fight dragons

http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1186212p1.html
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• spelling expret
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:40 AM

every time someones brings up this game i start to salivate. Bethesda needs kick some ass with this game after it's ultra buggy release of Brink. im hoping they didn't take the more fallout route with this honestly, i want all the faction quests. there was just one major faction quest in fallout which sucked IMO.

anyway im still salivating over this game.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

60 bucks on PC, wtf?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -