• « First
  • Last »

812 Replies - 27670 Views - Last Post: 25 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

I just hope I get some free time today with all the holiday nonsense going on to make my way over to Riften to start working on the Thieves Guild.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

Well.. I just killed my first dragon at the west tower... at level 8.5ish.. yeah.. interesting.. I said 'screw this bow shit' and just lunar axe + maced the sucker to death.

Now I am off to go mop up some miscellaneous quests with my pensive lesbian lover, and ultimately wander up to the Soho district to go to bard college.. you know - just like my parents DIDN'T want me to do. Ugh they just don't understand!

Attached Image
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

So latest Skyrim story...

I am puttzing around Winterhold (finally) and kinda disappointed. But anyways started my mage training and stuff and headed to Saarthal (where I got raped by the Drugar Overlord btw). I got a bit bored and thought "Hey I should boost my sneak a little" and followed a tip I got about leveling sneak through the Greybeards.

So I fast travel to Hrothgar and go into the temple. I hit save and creep up behind one of the greybeards on the floor meditating. I hit him and sure enough, sneak attack damage and my sneak goes up. He does not move. Fantastic! So I start wailing on him from behind and my sneak goes up.

Well.... I forgot to give it a rest and let him recooperate. If you hit them too fast and cause too much damage, they all get up and start kicking your ass! They are whirling ice magic at me and shit. Turning me into an ice cube a few times. I manage to kill one of them before I finally get taken down by the others.

After a restart I go back and hit him, wait a second until he is full again, then hit him again. Follow this strategy and you can level your sneak really fast.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

I may use this to finish off my sneak, only 8 or 9 levels to go now :)

Also, to quickly train alteration and restoration, equip equilibrium in one hand and healing in the other. Equilibrium costs health to replenish magicka and vice versa, and they do it at the same rate meaning your health and magicka will remain full while you level up to victory.

Edit, so much for using Martyr2's tip... the greybeards have disappeared from my game. wtf.

Edit 2: I also just found a dead guy in Winterhold and I have no idea why he's dead. This is annoying since the internet tells me there's a quest related to him... while he's still alive. *sigh*

This post has been edited by gabehabe: 25 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

I notice you seem to have a lot of things disappearing from your game. I have seen so far...

1) Greybeards
2) Tables
3) Your loot stash

Could you possibly be so good at stealing that your own subconscious is stealing from you without you even realizing it?

You might want to ask yourself "If I were my subconscious, where would I hide my stash?" You may just find your missing tables and loot in the process.

Edit: If you are pickpocketing yourself, perhaps what you lost will be in the other pocket from where you put it!

Another Edit: If the greybeards are missing, that would mean the temple is abandoned. I would take it over. Have a pretty sweet castle at the top of the largest mountain in Skyrim is pretty nice digs! Next thing you know, you will be on MTV Cribs showing off your mountain castle and saying things like "Welcome MTV, this is where I chill and stuff"

;)

This post has been edited by Martyr2: 25 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:52 PM

Disappointment abounds... I am wandering towards the Mage's college and a dragon attacks! Yeppie - I am near some fort and they help bring it down.. I go in for celebratory hugs and get zapped, iced, and fried by four apprentice mages! WTF!? I head back to the fort (figuring a trigger's gotta be around there for the dragon)... it appears! circles for abit and flies off! What... the.. hell. As it as I wandered into the fort and was attacked by the mages. I am fearing when I get done with my swing right through the mountains to the mage's guild I will be attacked on sight. I am not.. not.. not happy about this. Ugh.

Are there any sledge hammers in the game? I am about to go all Harley Quinn on these bozos who are not appreciative of my sneak attack hugs!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

This is the kind of game where you'll want to make several different characters. There's so much content crammed into every square inch of this game that every dungeon has a quest of it somehow.

I've been playing an assassin. A chaotic good assassin mind you, I don't sporadically murder people and stuff.

So some tips on knifebacking an entire keep full of bandits or tribals.. It's easier if you dual wield with a sword in one hand and a knife in the other. This way, if you sneak up behind someone you can power attack with the knife to do the 15x or so critical hit. If they're searching for someone and walking at you, you power attack with the sword.

If the eye is opening, but has just not yet opened all the way even though the enemy is staring right at your face, you will still critical hit them. This often shows you cinematically slitting their throat or skewering them in the chest accompanied with some gross kill sounds. So if they suspect something, don't try running for cover or anything but instead hug the wall or be just barely out of reach. Predict where they will walk. It's important to use the sword because it reaches further and can hit them before the sneak eye completely opens.

I haven't tried it but I think you can toss junk across the room to draw their attention away from you so you can more easily get behind them. There's definitely a dragon shout that actually does specifically this where you throw your shout to distract enemies. And don't forget stealth spells and potions! Being Predator makes all of this much easier.

And if you're going to play like this, keep trying to increase all stealth perks immediately at the start of your levels or sneaking will be difficult no matter how clever you get. Muffle and the backstab perks are a must. Watch out, there's actual rattle traps (an old trick) hanging around to alert enemies if you accidentally bump them and the light step perk won't save you from them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• >>──(Knee)──►
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:00 AM

My copy of Skyrim (Xbox 360) arrived two days ago. I had no idea that the 360 was capable of rendering such graphics! I haven't played much of the game yet but I'm really impressed with its realism and the animation of the dragons so far. :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

View PostWolfCoder, on 26 November 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

It's important to use the sword because it reaches further and can hit them before the sneak eye completely opens.

My stealth is so high that they can walk right up to me and still not see me ;)

View PostWolfCoder, on 26 November 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

I haven't tried it but I think you can toss junk across the room to draw their attention away from you so you can more easily get behind them.

You can, but I tend to fire an arrow behind them. Gets their attention immediately.

edit - URGH. Solitude attacks from dragons are the worst. So many people to watch out for. I just fought an ancient dragon and as I fired my LAST arrow at it, it bit a damn villager, killing him instantly. *sigh*

I reloaded to save him and this time it landed up in the training area at the top and got raped by guards... one even did the special execution by jumping on it!

This post has been edited by gabehabe: 26 November 2011 - 05:44 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:41 AM

So I was in Saarthal and thought "Hey I can beat this Draugr overlord with the dog, I should go get him!" and so I run back only to find out that part of the tunnel is closed off by a gate that I can't seem to open. Shit!

I continue on and give the overlord another try. This time I get into the middle of the room cast a couple scrolls of firestorm. Then I knock him down about 10 percent with that (lot less than I thought it would since they are suppose to be susceptible to fire).

I then throw on the shield and use my mace to tank him. Now this usually fails since he 2 hits me and I am dead. Well that was because my specially enchanted mace I created and called "Mace of Iced Heart" had no juice in it. Well this time I charged it with a soul gem. This mace is an exquisite quality orc mace that is enchanted with 15 points of additional ice damage. The overlord is 50% resistant to ice. I knew this, but thought "Hey 50% additional ice damage is my only shot here".

So I go after him. The thing I realized is that when I bash him with the shield and stun him a second, my ice mace will not only hurt but will also freeze him for a second. Enough time for me to bash again and repeat.

Needless to say I tanked that bastard and beat him. Now off to the actual boss Jyrik Gauldurson! Here I thought I was going to be totally raped since he is a Draugr Wight and develops immunity to spells. Well, here I cleverly used a scroll of Guardian Circle which caused him to flee. I was then able to chase the bastard down and hit him as he ran away. Made the guy real easy to defeat.

Now I am out of that damn cave with a new dragon word and tons of loot that I have sold half of to the thieves guild already. Yay me!

This post has been edited by Martyr2: 26 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

What are you guys' best weapon(s)?

Bad ass bow! 108 damage + 24 damage with best arrows (Daedric), + 10 fire damage.

Not to mention that a sneak attack will triple that :D

Gir said:

IIIII MADE IT MAHSELF.

Attached Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:32 PM

So I was just doing a quest to deliver a love poem from Calcelmo to Faleen, and she was asleep at the time. I woke her up and started talking to her, only for Jarl Igmund (the Jarl of Markarth) to come and lay down and go to sleep where I woke her up.

She's in the Blue Palace in Solitude! What he's doing there I don't know... perhaps Calcelmo isn't the only one with feelings for Faleen, but Igmund has taken a more direct approach by just getting into her bed?

I know he's a Jarl and all, but I don't even think he can get away with just climbing into the bed of whomever he's interested in that day.

This post has been edited by gabehabe: 26 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

So I've started the civil war quest line, and I've sided with the imperials. I just fought in the first real battle against the Stormcloaks. Never mind dragon fights, this is epic!

edit: For those of you who want a Daedric bow but can't smith them yet, I just found one here:
Attached Image

Not sure if it's the same loot for everyone, but may be worth checking out.

This post has been edited by gabehabe: 26 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

Anyone find Chillrend in the Chillrend case yet? I have =D.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Oh snap son, full Dragon armor set! Bones of my vanquished enemies decorate my body.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (55 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »