2 Replies - 3218 Views - Last Post: 29 January 2011 - 01:30 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

c++ and visual c++ windows form

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:41 AM

I was wondering what the diference betwwen the c++ and the visual c++ windows form... if i make a button the commands is different in the visual c++ ... what book i must buy to learn this program langue?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: c++ and visual c++ windows form

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: c++ and visual c++ windows form

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:24 AM

Windows Forms is .NET. The C++ "version" of .NET is called C++ CLI, and does not seem to be nearly as widely used as C# or VB.NET, so unless you're REALLY COMFORTABLE with C++, I would suggest moving to one of those languages for .NET programming. If you know some C++, C# shouldn't be too hard to pick up.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: c++ and visual c++ windows form

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

View Postpanagis, on 29 January 2011 - 04:41 AM, said:

I was wondering what the diference betwwen the c++ and the visual c++ windows form... if i make a button the commands is different in the visual c++ ... what book i must buy to learn this program langue?

Jack is correct that VC++ differs from C++ in that it utilizes the .NET framework for a whole manner of things. One of those things is UI development. .NET provides streamlined access to GDI+, a graphics framework designed for C/C++. To learn more, research Windows Presentation Foundation (usually referred to as "WPF") and WinForms. Jack makes a good point that WPF and WinForms are easier to use in C#. VB is an abomination and should be ignored entirely unless you already know it. The easiest way to do WPF and WinForms is with IronPython, which as of v 2.7 has full Visual Studio support.

You're not limited to .NET for UI with C++ or VC++, however. Two other popular options are Qt and Gtk+. They have the big advantage of being cross platform. I think they often look better than the MS controls, too. However, they don't fit into Visual Studio as seamlessly as .NET.

Hope that helps.

This post has been edited by erasmus777: 29 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1