2 Replies - 1735 Views - Last Post: 29 January 2011 - 10:37 AM

• Java Enthusiast
  • member icon

• View blog

[Fixed] Editing Footer in WP

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:56 AM

I am using WordPress. And I am a little confused as to how I add a copyright text in the footer. TIA :)

This post has been edited by Glorfindal: 29 January 2011 - 10:37 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: [Fixed] Editing Footer in WP

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: [Fixed] Editing Footer in WP

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:48 AM

Well, it really depends on how you are using wordpress.. Your question is also a little vague.. Some themes have a settings option for you to change the footer text. Most don't, and if you're developing your own theme (are you?) you won't have this option. You will have to know a little bit of php and html to get into it and change the footer text.

Most likely, if you're building your own theme, you need to find (or create) the file /wp-content/themes/THEME-NAME/footer.php. The is the file that is included with the template tag get_footer() and should contain the copyright text, or a way to access the html that you could add it to.

If you're using a prebuilt theme, you can use the admin backend to go to appearance -> editor. This page will give you the option to edit the code that makes up the templates in the theme you are using. Find footer.php and add the copyright text where you need it. Some themes are a little more modular, and thus make the code for actual a little harder to find, but keep it all in the same place. If this is the case, you will see some custom function call or hook in footer.php, and you'll have to hunt around the template files to find the function definition.

If you want to do this right, you should know some php, html and you should be familiar with theme development in Wordpress.

Let me know if you have any questions.

This post has been edited by andwilley: 29 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Java Enthusiast
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: [Fixed] Editing Footer in WP

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:37 AM

Thanks that worked! +1
Was This Post Helpful? 0