3 Replies - 897 Views - Last Post: 11 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

• Sexy DIC God
  • member icon

• View blog

PC parts e-commerce website

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:12 PM

Hi all, I was working on a big project, launching my own e-commerce website for computer parts. After having settled things up with my providers, I've managed to launch that website:

http://www.ebxtechshop.com

This is basically an online store of over 45,000 products (the providers gave me a CSV which I imported in my MySQL database) then coded all that in PHP. I linked the shopping cart with the Paypal checkout function to make it secure.

I would like to get advice from D.I.C. members. Any ideas/criticism/insults/etc?

Everything is now up & running according to my tests.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: PC parts e-commerce website

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PC parts e-commerce website

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

Your thumbnails look jagged.

You could line break this text "PU temperature increases exponentially with the clock speed. According to experts, multi-core processors with hyperthreading technology are the future. The 2 leader manufacturers, Intel and AMD, are ready for this technology! See more from Intel See more from AMD" so it doesn't over hang on the right white space..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Sexy DIC God
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:02 PM

The margins are fixed and I recreated the thumbnails... I had to batch edit 46,884 photos to resize them with Photoshop and re-upload... lots of fun!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

Logo is way to dark and seems squished. So you could either lighten the logo or remove that dark banner. I would also move the login section away from the log and remove that "Sign Up Now" sticker in the left corner. It doesnt look that good. Third, that Facebook icon is too shiny and doesnt go well with the site. Also a little too big. Try this one: link. Fourth, the tabs that you've made aren't that eye pleasing. I would reccomend changin the font to something other than TNR, changing that gradient so that it's at a 90 degree angle, and instead of a rectangle, use a rounded one.

On a more positive note, your site passes as valid XHTML on W3.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1